450 never take your eye off the ball!!

pj1969

Well today i crashed my bird nose first from about 30ft up. It was an error on my side, well i was holding the controls, but there may of been another factor lol. When i got to the place where i fly, it is a public park, but was completely empty and is a very large field, i was on my 2nd pack and flying quite well with the odd flip and roll here and there, when a person came along stood next to me to see the heli in action. he chatted and then started to walk away. He was dressed in a track suit so thought he was out for a run, he started to walk right where i was flying and up and down directly underneath the bird. As i was doing circuits he literally walked underneath her rather than walk out of the area where i was. after about 2 mins, he again walked right underneath her as i was heading her towards me for land her, i was really worrying where this guy was, so looked at him for a split second and before i could say oh know, she had hit the ground!!! I know people always bang on about flying safe and away from people, but when people come to where you are flying and are right in your flight path, there is always going to be problems. The guy had his ipod on and was oblivious to what was going on. If i hadn't of turned a little to the right, he would of been within feet of her landing. Luckily no harm and was only my 450, the 600 or goblin may of ended in a different way.
As for the heli, well she's a right off and will need nearly new everything. Look out for help pleas as i start the rebuild.
IMG_4836.jpgIMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

Lee

Shes mashed up bad. On a serious note, after the tragedies of the last month, If some one walks into your flying area, land!!!! immediately. They have no clue of the danger they are in, so you are the one to take control of the situation.

pj1969

Too be honest mate, that's what i was trying to do, didn't realize he was walking right by me. wish i'd of landed other side of the field now.

Lee

Yeh. Better to smash your bird than injure someone. We can always mend our helis :) Guess you got some build time coming. I'm back in the UK now for the time being. You didn't go to the huge helifest in Loughborough this weekend then?

pj1969

No mate, i'm not in any club, so dont really get to hear of them as i never read mags either.Shame i didnt know about it as loved the one a couple of months agout by me with Bert Kramerer flying. This will be good for me to do as i will have to start from scratch and rebuild the lot. Also give me good practice to set up the TAROT, as i've just bought one for the 600 to convert to DFC. just priced it all up and genuine parts are £35 plus P&P. Going to see if i can get some new gears for the tail servo, rather than buy a new ds515.

Lee

It was the biggest event of the year. Nick Maxwell was there and many other famous pilots. Wish i could have gone.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
That sucks..at least you didn't hit him. I guess he didn't have common sense..i mean come on right where you are flying.

murankar

Staff member
As lee siad, easier to fix a heli than replace a person. I had something similar happen to me while I was filming. I heard a small gaggle of girls coming into my area of operation, I took a quick look to see where the where. I was lucky to have gotten mine down safely before the walked into my flight area.

Dizzle000

Man that's a gnarly crash bro. As for buddy walkin around I feel yur pain people are oblivious it dumb founds me how stupid people are"

yardner

Don't say "As for the heli, well she's a right off and will need nearly new everything."
That ain't true man! I've burned my TRex 450 plenty of times with similar results, i little time and a few parts and you'll be Buzzing the park walkers with ear buds in no time at all. :eagerness:

Its really a drag on the circumstance on how it happened but it eventually will happen. :crushed: I mean hard landings.

Hoping for a Speedy recovery.

pj1969

well thanks for all the messages, "SHE's BACK"!!!!! finally just finished her off and just a few little tweeks and i think she will be ready for the test flight. Ive taken a few pictures on the way and i must admit ive supprised my self, by doing her all my self (with some help from you lot of course) lol Can some one please remind me on the best GYRO setting?? Ive spooled her up to track her and she seems to want to spin like a top. Ive completely forgotten gyro gains etc in rate mode. Is it low number 1st and higher number below??
IMG_4836#1.jpgIMG_4837#2.jpgstrip1#3.jpgstrip2#4.jpgIMG_4863#5.jpgIMG_4864#6.jpgIMG_4865#7.jpgIMG_4866#8.jpg

Typicaly its raining here in the UK, so cant get to the field to try her. SORRY ABOUT THE PICS, THEY ALWAYS TURN UPSIDE DOWN AND I CAN'T CHANGE IT.

strip1.jpg

strip2.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4836#1.jpg

IMG_4837#2.jpg

strip1#3.jpg