Network Maintenance | Site Going Down

Tony

Staff member
I just wanted to let all of you know that I will be doing some work on my network that RCH is on. I'm taking my current router offline and replacing it with something that is a little more secure than what I have now.

The site will go down either later tonight, or sometime tomorrow, Jan 13th 2021 while I migrate everything over to the new router.

I'm hoping this will be a quick transition, however we all know how that goes. There is no backup that I can use, so everything needs to be done manually. I will try to get RCH and the server up first, but I have some custom config that I want to do on there as well.

I do apologize in advance if the site is down for a little longer than I am anticipating, but in the long run, it will all be worth it IMO.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, we are back up and running on the new router and so far everything is working as it should. I do still have more work that I need to do on the network to secure it, but I will do that at a later date.

Let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary.

Tony

Staff member
Is anyone having issues getting onto, or posting to the forum? Please let me know.

RandyDSok

I can't post anything ( sarcasm ) ... :pirate:

( of course if there were any truth to that, I'd have called you by know... lol )

Tony

Staff member
I do know that hahaha. I'm playing around with IDS (Intrusion Detection System) and IPS (Intrusion Protection System) and I was not sure if it was stopping people from actually posting to the forum. I do know my log files are quite full right now with alerts...

Top Bottom