Servos Need servo parts

bigone5500

Now that I have located servo parts, can someone tell me how to determine whether or not the servo is repairable? I can replace the gears but how can I determine if the insides are ok? What do I look for?

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about the electronics, they usually either work, or they don't. The gears are the only replaceable part in a servo. If the electronics go out, then you are looking at new servos.

Admiral

If you are talking about the electronics, they usually either work, or they don't. The gears are the only replaceable part in a servo. If the electronics go out, then you are looking at new servos.

There now appears to be replacement circuit boards available for some Align servos at reasonable prices, I saw some on a UK site the other week and I just found these on Ebay.

ALIGN Helicopter HSP45001 DS450/DS450M Servo Circuit Board New

Admiral

Problem is they only have boards for servos I don't own, or if I did they have gone in the bin when I realized the board had gone.

bigone5500

Ok. Since we are on the subject. What are some good alternatives if I want to use a different servo with this heli (270 CFX)? I suppose I would need all servos to be of the same brand and model right? I ask because maybe there are some cheaper ones that are about as good as the ones I have (Spektrum SPMSH3050), the tail servo is SPMSH3060.

Admiral

Are your servos all metal geared ? if so I would only replace the burnt out one, rather than all three. If not I'd buy one replacement metal servo and two sets of metal gears for the other two.
I have the Spekrtum servos in my 180CFX and they are working fine after being upgraded to metal gears, the tail servos I replaced with Align 420MG, not quite as fast but a lot more robust.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm a fan of KST servos but not sure what's your budget? I get my KST servos mainly from this place. seems to be the cheapest beside sales days KST Servos

Admiral

KST are great servos, I have recently upgraded my 500 to KST what a difference from my 5 year old servos.

I was looking at a budget fix for the 270CFX.

bigone5500

Ok. The Spektrum H3050 are metal gear 12g servos. Is this the only information I need when choosing a servo?

Tony

Staff member
It will depend on the case size. And right off the top of my head, I can't remember the size of the micro servo case.

Tony

Staff member
As long as the case size is the same, and the hole pattern is the same (not the length from front to back, but up and down and side to side) then it will work. Weight is just general.

Tony

Staff member
The weight of the servo. Which will change depending on if it has plastic gears or metal, or a plastic case or metal, or both.

Top Bottom