450 Need help with Tail servo question

mousie

Ok here's what happen, I was flying my exi scale fuselage, just some low flying FF and some close to the ground hovering when all of a sudden it took a major spin around and I brought it down fast and broke one landing strut. Took it home to find out the tail servo worked sometime and not others.You had to tap it with a screw driver handle to make it work.This was a cheep go teck servo 9257 and works fine on my 450 pro with no problems.Anyway here is my question I just installed a emax 9257 same style just different makes.And to make it work right I had to reverse my gyro and reverse my channel for the rudder servo.I plugged it in the same way as the other tail servo was, same color code.Could it be wired different and that make the difference?

Tony

Staff member
Some servos do require reversing. You plugged it in correctly. If you look at the plug, the center wire will always be the positive wire. Then there is black, and then there is the signal. If you reverse the plug, the servo will not work at all. This is common when changing brands of servos. No worries.

As for it sometimes working on one heli, but always working on another, that tells me that maybe your gyro is bad, or the Rx is just not getting the signal. Either way, use caution on the next flight with the emax servo. Keep it low to the ground and stay up on the sticks.

You did great to only break a landing skid though. I have had this happen when I stripped a tail gear (not sure how) and it ended much worse lmao. Hope this helps.

mousie

Cool, I was saying that I have the same servo on my other heli,not that I tried it on another heli.Thanks Tony I just got through flying it and seems to hold nice.Iam using detrum gy48s on both helis and had pretty good luck with them for the most part,little drift when its cold but you get used to it.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to get rid of that drift when it's cold out, let the heli sit outside for about 10 minutes to acclimate to the outside temp. With that gyro being a piezoelectric gyro, it's sensitive to temp changes.

And got ya on having the same on another heli, I thought you swapped them out. From what I hear, that emax is supposed to be good for what it is. The Tarot I'm looking at has that servo on the tail and I have heard little issues with it. Glad it's working out for you.

mousie

Ok I will give that a try.I see you have some good things to say about the assan gyro.I thought about getting one myself to try out.I see your from Oklahoma,how far from little Sahara sand dunes?

Tony

Staff member
I'm guessing pretty far since I have never heard of it lmao. I'm just south of OKC about 30 miles.

Top Bottom