500 Need help with my new ORX R615X receiver and TGZ 380 FBL Sys.

Bill Huber

So now that I have everything plugged in like they say except for the 3-pin coming from my ESC/BEC. The only ports I have available are the [SYS]/[-+n] (I know it's an omega and not an "n") on my TGZ 380 or the or the THRO or BATT/BIND ports on my receiver. The SYS port works for powering up everything else but gives no throttle control. So then where do I plug in the connection to my ESC/BEC? My receiver?

Tony

Staff member
Wish I could help out with this, but I have never used that controller before. And a little strapped on time at the moment. Free bump though to try and get someone in here to help out.

murankar

Staff member
My guess is that the system port is a bench safety. If your doing a setup you use the system port to prevent spool up.

The batt/bind is for your BEC from the ESC.

To bind you would power the system port with the bund plug in the batt, bind port.

Just a guess since I have never heard of this controller.

Bill Huber

My guess is that the system port is a bench safety. If your doing a setup you use the system port to prevent spool up.

The batt/bind is for your BEC from the ESC.

To bind you would power the system port with the bund plug in the batt, bind port.

Just a guess since I have never heard of this controller.
The question is, Since I've already done the bind procedure, and programmed the FBL Sys., everything seems to work but the throttle. Other than the SYS port on the TGZ 380, I only have the 2 ports on the receiver. If I plug the cable from the ESC/BEC into the Thro port in the receiver, Will it give me throttle control and be able to handle the current for my TGZ 380 and servos?

Bill Huber

Thx . I thought that was what I should do but didn't want to try without confirming with someone with more experience than me. I'm just a beginner to this whole FBL scene. Have some flying time on a micro but my 450 is the first heli I've put together myself. I'm an electrician by trade and we have an expression, " I didn't want to let the smoke out."

Cheers

Bill Huber

That's any specktrum not just dsmx.

But yes any of the ports can handle input current.
Thx . I thought that was what I should do but didn't want to try without confirming with someone with more experience than me. I'm just a beginner to this whole FBL scene. Have some flying time on a micro but my 450 is the first heli I've put together myself. I'm an electrician by trade and we have an expression, " I didn't want to let the smoke out."
Cheers

Top Bottom