FBL Gyro Need help with gyro gain

DeWayne

Ok i have my ar7200bx and getting ready to set it up i'm stuck on the gyro gain what are the best settings to start with for head locking and rate mode..

I was told the following

Rate mode 0-50%
Head locking mode 51-100%

if that's true what would be a good starting point for each...

- - - Updated - - -

by the way i have the DX9 Tx what should i set in the Tx

- - - Updated - - -

I need lots of help on this one I want head locking mode as my default..then if i want to change to rate mode i can flip the gear channel (channel 5)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there DeWayne. I'm using KST 215mg servos in my Gaui X3 and my Head lock mode is at 65%. Some say it's high but my X3 tail is rock steady.

trainrider06

That may be something you need to fiddle with I think mine is just set by the system...
Like D.O.G. Says different servo's and personal preference. I'd just go by D.O.G.'s setting and go from there.

Lee

I think the gyro value in your DX9 is from -100% to 100%.
Not 0% to 100%.
If so then Rate is 0% to -100%
HH is 0% to 100%

If it is 0 to 100 then something around 65% gain is a good start.
If its -100 to 100, then something around 25% is good to start.

murankar

Staff member
DX6 and DX9 are both on the Scale of -100 - +100. Start out at 25 or 30 and see how it flies. That 0-100 thing applies to the older DX6i.

Tony

Staff member
Lee, I think you had that backwards. I would start the DX9 off at +65. Something like the 6i would be equivalent to 2 points on the DX9.

Lee

It can't be Tony.
If you start at 25% on a scale of 0 to 100, then your heli will be in rate mode, not Head Hold
Remember HH starts at 50% of total value.
DX6I radio, HH = >50%
DX6/DX9 radios, HH = >0%

Tony

Staff member
Wow, the heat is getting to me. You are completely correct. I had to check my tx and I'm at 46 on the dx9. This lack of sleep has to stop lol.

Tony

Staff member
lol, I wish I could. But I'm getting more busy by the moment. Lots of new review videos coming soon. Trying to get my studio dried out so that I can start shooting them. Sorry for the thread jack...

Top Bottom