450 Need help with dx6i set up

Papi123

Hey guys I'm trying to find out a good setting in my remote I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance

murankar

Staff member
Ned more info. What exactly are you looking for? D/R, Expo, pitch curve and or throttle curve possibly any of the other settings?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Well for starters

Pitch curve
Normal: 45 47 50 75 100
IU1: 0 25 50 75 100

Throttle Curve
Normal: 0 40 75 75 75 (or something similar)
IU1: 80 80 75 80 80 (or something similar)

As for d/r and expo you'll have to play around with those. Since I always confuse those numbers I'll let someone else chime in since the radio is at the house.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

The Throttle and Pitch Curves that Matthias posted are awesome for beginners. Very tame and no surprises. We recommend those settings for each beginner that asks.

As far as the Dual Rates and Expo...consult your manual for your particular model as a starting point. You will find that you'll probably change these numbers so that they suit your flying style. When I started with my 450, I had my aileron and elevator at 80% Dual Rate and my rudder at 100% Dual Rate. I like the faster tail response, so I left that at 100%. As for the Expo, I had 15% on my aileron and elevator and 0% on my Rudder. Eventually, I ended up going to 10% Expo on my aileron and elevator because I was getting better and still 0% on my rudder.

Let me ask you this? Do you know "exactly" what the Dual Rates and Expo do?

Top Bottom