General need help with a co axial helicopter

Graham Lawrie

Cant think why it would not go higher? I had one that was big, but was uncontrollable in any wind, even the slightest breeze:)

concept30

yeap, 2 mph winds and nothing you do can keep the wind from crashing it, my step dad had it a full stick and the the heli just flys a foot off the ground we change the bettery in the TX and charged the onboard heli battery to 15 volts

Graham Lawrie

I flew mine at dusk once with no wind and it did everything I wanted:) Must of crashed it 100,s of times. Bought a Align 450 and never looked back:)

concept30

shoot i bought a blade 450 and i never flew it, spent 2 years adjusting the radio and the heli, im just trying to help my step dad to figure out what is wrong wtih his co axael.

pvolcko

The battery may well charge to full, but it may not be able to deliver the current needed anymore. I have a couple like that. Don't know if they got over discharged or what, but they work for maybe a minute and then flag and can basically hover only. Also, these coax models usually have brushed motors which can go bad in a short while. If it is worth it to you, see if you can get a battery replacment and be sure not to fly it until it drop to the ground. If that doesn't fix it, see about getting a replacement main motors.

pvolcko

Even if there is, you'd need to get a brushless pair of brushless speed controllers for it too. I doubt it would make economic sense to bother. You could probably replace the whole thing for less. Brushed motor replacemets will be the way to go.

Top Bottom