450 Need help to setup turnigy 9xr to my trex 450 pro fbl

1evlfx

The heli is secondhand and was previously set up on a dx9 spectrum tx ..
All the sticks work and motor spools up when connected .

But when u move thr stick the swash doesn't move to change the pitch of the
Blades and I'm not sure how to set that up on my turnigy 9xr tx .

The 3 servos connected to swash are savox digital sh-0257mg
And the rudda servo is align digital ds520 .esc is the one that comes with the kit
And so is the motor ..and it has 2 spectrum sat receivers ..
All I have done with the tx is bind it to heli and set it to simple
6 channel setup and set limits so swash is level and
So rudda has full travel and doesn't bind .

And I have checked to make sure all servos are connected correctly
And that connectors from servos to swash are the correct length

Cheers Dion

murankar

Staff member
Sounds like the collective is not setup. On channel 11 in the mixes you should have three entries that reference your pitch curves in the curves menu.

There is a post on here that I need to link you to. It has screen shots of the PC software showing the setup of an fbl unit with zero tx mixing. On the heli setup menu your collective channel will need to match the channel your collective is setup on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link.http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/13678-Turnigy-9XR-set-up-with-Assault-450/page2

Is your 9xr running an orange module? If not then you will need a Specktrum compatible module. Usually the option you have us orange. The servos are fine and the ESC and such will be fine.

1evlfx

Hi murankar

Yes I'm using a orange module.. My tx is mode 2 with thr and rudda on the left..

Ch1 thr
Ch2:ail
Ch3:ele
Ch4:rud
Ch5:full gea
Ch6:ail

Will ur setup work how I have mine set up ?

murankar

Staff member
Yes if you move some servos around.
You will need a standard spectrum RX setup.

Brain fart

If you use my mixes menu then the servos will need plugged in according to my mix setup.

CH 1 aileron
Ch 2 elevator
Ch 3 throttle
Ch 4 rudder
Ch 5 rudder gain
Ch 6 pitch

I have collective on channel 6 (that's the pitch curves) channel 3 is the throttle curves (each of those will have 3 entries)
Channel 5 will have two entries for rate and head hold modes. On the heli setup menu make sure collective reflects channel 6 not channel 11.

1evlfx

Murankar. Iv set my tx up exactly as what's in in ur link..
When I move thr stick up 10% ele goes to full travel and when
Thr stick is at 100% pit and ele are at full travel up.
Nothing happens when I move right stick left or right
When I move right stick up ail goes down and when I go down it goes up..
When I move aux3 switch to first position ele goes to full travel up
.???

Starting to wish I never brought this turnigy 9xr

murankar

Staff member
Okay is this flybar or flybarless? If fbl what gyro? If its 3gx then one of the 3gx gurus will have to help with the gyro stuff. If you want to double check delete the model and start from scratch. Use the templates to make a new heli profile. Make the file match my stuff, don't mess with the numbers. Then in the curves go ahead and make your curves. Typically I put pitch first then throttle, order dies not matter as long as you know whats what.

Once you get your head around the radio its not that bad. The only down side is the learning curve. I have been using the firmware for almost a year now and still have not learned everything yet.

Tony

Staff member
One thing to remember, when using satellites only, your rudder gain is on channel 7 and your governor is on channel 5.

Sure wish I knew the 9xr so I could help more on the setup.

murankar

Staff member
If that's the case then in the mixes menu move the to entries for the tail gain to the alternate channel then move the wires for it, that easy. Governor is more of a headache than anything on this size heli so I wouldn't even bother.

Tony 49.99 plus module gets you one. If you could find a used th9x that's flashed then you would be really close to a 9xr.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, governor on anything under a 500 is not worth the time and effort.

What are you trying to do to me? lol. I already don't have time for much and you are trying to give me more work? hahaha.

murankar

Staff member
If you get eepe then you could play around with the firmware. That's free to use. They also have a simulator in there that will show you your setup. Basically its a virtual tx with virtual servos. You'll see what the sticks are doing based on your programing.

1evlfx

Murankar it's flybarless and it has the 3gx gyro
I have set the 3gx gyro using the rc-help.com YouTube vids parts 2-3-4
Hopefully iv got that part right

..just about to head out to the local r/c heli airfield hopefully there will be someone there that
Can point me in the right direction and get my heli in the air

murankar

Staff member
Since your working with the 3gx then you will want to start with all default settings in the radio except your curves.

Go through the 3gx setup and make the appropriate adjustments in the radio as you do the setup. I might have time tonight to explain what gets adjusted where. That seems to be a hang up for a lot of folks just starting on this radio.

Top Bottom