Need Help On setup for 3GX using 4 Blade rotor head.

bc3159

I'm building my first scale trex 500 with UH-60 fuselage. I have a 4 blade head rotor from Align and using aligns 3GX v. 3.1 for stabilization, but I cant figure out how to go thru the setup with four (4) blades. I know how to do it with regular blade setup, but cant find anything on 4 blades. I find many videos and forums saying they use this setup, but no info on how to do it. Please help. I wanted to make scale more realistic with the 4 blades.

Tony

Staff member
The easiest way is to use a digital pitch gauge. However, if you don't have one, you can use a mechanical gauge. Just use your blades as your flybar. As for the setup, it should be just like any flybarless head. One link from the grips to the swash. Start with the servos, 90º them to the swash links, set all of your swash links so that the swash is level, then make sure you have 0º pitch at mid stick (50% pitch curve), then make sure you have equal pitch both positive and negative.

I think with a scale heli, since you will not be going inverted, you may be able to set your pitch in a way that only allows mostly positive pitch, BUT, you will want about 5º of negative pitch to keep the heli on the ground in windy conditions.

Top Bottom