Need help finding good stores around the Killeen, Temple, Harker Heights areas

murankar

Staff member
I have been in Texas for 2 weeks now. I still cant find really good stores yet. The grocery stores in my area suck, cant find an electronic store out side of Worst Buy and the only hobby store I found so far is Hobby Lobby. My wife managed to find an organic store in Temple but hates the quality of the ground turkey. I would really love to find a real butcher store.

Also where can I take the kids to see some longhorn bulls, not the college lol.

Thanks guys!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
:p you might wanna make a monthly trip to lewisville texas to aero hobbies. Its well worth the trip . You'll find more than what you are looking for. Apart from that, you can also call Andy there at Aero Hobbies and he ships out parts as far as elpaso or amarillo. I have seen him take orders for places which dont have good hobby stores. His prices are lower than most stores around too...
I bought 130x battery from a store closer to my house at 21.99 and andy was selling at 16.99 :O guess which store I am not going to anymore! lol

- - - Updated - - -

AND WELCOME TO TEXAS! :D

murankar

Staff member
Thank you! I'll have to check him out. Since your North Dallas you could be more like 3 or 4 hours from me.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok I realized that you are south of me .. I remember a hobby shop that is as good as aero hobbies. It's smaller and the guy is kinda crass but that guy has a counter in every major fun fly event and has very very competitive prices. I mean cheaper than aero hobbies . For me he is an hour south in Alvarado. But when I am looking for cheapi blades and fuel and parts in general I definitely check him out. Now he ships stuff too. And is a honest.

He even has a field in abilene for flying which I have been too and it's full of heli guys! One of my friends flies there. They've got goblins and mikados and logos and what not flying there.

Check him out

Bobby jacks
6033 U.S. 67
Alvarado‎ TX‎ 76009
United States

That's not gonna e more than an hour from you I think. And temple is about 2 hours from my place :)

- - - Updated - - -

One difference also. Aero hobbies Andy is amazing at helping people. You take your broken part or something you are confused about and he'll give you one hour each visit for free of labor and help and advice.

Any more than that of labor (an labor only) he charges like 15 bucks or 20 bucks for labor but advice and help is always free . :)

If you buy stuff from him he usually just Ben does labor for free. Don't know if you've seen "pinion" on YouTube.. He has made videos on aero hobbies and I meet him at that shop every other time I go there. ;) so check them all out. :)

Bobby jacks on the other hand is a bit of a harsher personality lol but if you get over that he is to the point and exact. :)

So there you go. :)

murankar

Staff member
Temple is about 35 minutes from me. I am around Clarke Rd and 190, west of 35. my wife found an organic grocery store in Temple. I have gps so I will add him to the garmin and see if I have time to go there. I hope maybe next weekend!

Tony

Staff member
Lets see, this time of year TEXAS SUCKS!!! In the summer, TEXAS BLOWS! :lmao: Texas sucks and Kansas blows and Oklahoma is caught in the middle... :biggrin1:

Top Bottom