Setups Need help finding a quality 5.8ghz video system

Derek

I have my Fatsharks (bought last year), mini quad, motors, esc's, props, flight controller, rx, and batteries. Two Mobius cams have been ordered. Now I need the video system. Easier said than done. I've looked at all my usual websites and the biggest problem is that the 600mw vtx is out of stock/backordered.

Do I wait it out for the 600mw stuff to become available? Can't say I'd be thrilled about this idea, lol.

Do I suffice with a 400wm video system? I suppose this is possible. Hopefully the parts are in stock.

Do I suffice with a 250mw video system? No. I can't say that I'd be happy with this.

So....can anyone share a link with me to a 400mw video system with the necessary cables and an affordable camera? I'll be ordering the VAS Blue Beam Ultra antennas. I would really prefer a US supplier.

Thanks in advance!

Derek

Ok....got it! Immersion 600mw vtx, Immersion 32 channel vrx, and a set of Blue Beam Ultra antennas have just been ordered. Unfortunately, I'll have to order my camera from another site. GetFPV.com seems to be out of stock on everything less than $100, lol.

Derek

I got all my stuff from horizon.

Very cool! Dude...you are gonna love FPV!!!

I did find an Immersion 5.8ghz 600mw vtx, 32 channel vrx, Blue Beam Ultra Antennas and cables from getfpv.com. I just need to hunt down a reasonably priced camera. A buddy of mine suggested a $35 camera from survailzone.com or something like that. It looks like a great 600tvl camera.

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to give FPV a shot anyway. I may or may not like it. To begin with, I'm starting with a fat shark camera and then I'm going to get the one lee mentioned and compare.

Derek

Best bang for you buck is the PZ0420 It what I have in my 250.

I'll google it and I'll have a look.

I'm going to give FPV a shot anyway. I may or may not like it. To begin with, I'm starting with a fat shark camera and then I'm going to get the one lee mentioned and compare.

My first couple of flights were a bit sketchy but the flights got better as I did more. This year, I have a new FPV ship and an FPV mini quad. I'm very much looking forward to this year.

Tony

Staff member
Well have to see how it goes. Might modify the rch trainer and use it. Not sure how yet though. Bit keep us posted on what you think about the 600mw tx. They are supposed to be really good.

Derek

Dude...the RCH Trainer would be able to accept a 5.8ghz video system with no troubles at all. Just build a little FPV Backpack that the vtx and camera can sit on. Some light plywood or even foamboard would surely do the trick. From the ESC, run a power lead out to the backpack and away you go. Yes, the prop will show up in your screen but it never bothered me to have the prop in the way.

Tony

Staff member
The RCH Edge 540 would be fun as well. Maybe I will stick a camera on the Decathlon. That would be a blast.

Top Bottom