450 need data for DX6i/ AR7200BX/ Align DS425M T- servo to be compatible with Blade 450X

Wolf714

after a crash I replaced the stock eflite T- servo on my blade 450X with Align DS425M, hoping to 'upgrade'. Problem is, I have no idea besides researching on web, how to program the system- the radio & the beastX - such that I can spool up the helicopter safely, take off, & fly it. As it stands now I would literally be flying blind; not knowing exactly what numbers I need to change, &/ or leave alone.

Here's what I know so far, based on 'web heresay' --

DX6i: no changes except adjusting the gyro % up or down to eliminate tail wag

AR7200 beastX: parameter D changed to 333 Hz/ 'flashing blue' (apparently the setting for the DS425M), parameter F changed to 'flashing Blue' or 'reversed', parameter N changed to 'solid blue' or 'reversed'

* I need to know if this is completely correct! If not, plz let me know what to change

thanks!

Wolf

Derek

Re: need data for DX6i/ AR7200BX/ Align DS425M T- servo to be compatible with Blade 4

hmmm, i wish I knew more about the AR7200bx but I don't. I have one, just haven't installed it on a helicopter yet. However, keep checking back. There are several RCH members that run this unit and I'm sure they'll be along to help out.

Sorry to hear about the crash but it does happen.

Lee

Re: need data for DX6i/ AR7200BX/ Align DS425M T- servo to be compatible with Blade 4

Once you have the settings done, check my video.
This will tell you if the tail is working in the correct way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Definitely follow Lee's video! I've referred to this video, when I was in doubt, and it helps. It's a short video but it's very clear and easy to understand.

Lee

Ok so these are the things you need to make sure are set for the new tail servo.
1) Point C, Pulse width should be set to 1520 (blue solid light) Set servo arm to 90º
2) Point D,Servo frequency is 333 (blue flashing)
Both of these should be set before plugging in the servo.
3) Check servo direction and gyro comp, as per my video.
4) Point E, Servo endpoint
Check your radios gyro setting. Whats the % for Head hold?
A good starting point is about 65% and work from there.

Hope this helps

pvolcko

Not sure if Lee's video overs it, but if you change setting N, you need to do the spin test. Hold the heli by the main rotor hub and spin it around. The swash will start out tilted in a direction and as the heli spins around that swash tilt should appear to stay stationary. If it is moving around, then change the setting to the other option and retest.

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm. Double post and it didn't even bring up the leave/stay-on page dialog.

PS. I wouldn't expect you would need to change this setting due to a servo change. But good to check it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom