General need battery help

Robert Sweet

Hello my name is robert I'm new to the hobby and need some help I bought a airwing wingsurfer the other day and want to know a good cheap battery I could buy for it the Web page I bought it from says it's a 11.1v 1300 mah lipo but I don't know if it's a 10 15 20 25 30 c or what I also would like to know what size connectors it has cause I also have a super cub and the connectors are different but was wondering if there was a adapter that away I don't have to buy separate batteries

Tony

Staff member
The first thing you need to do is figure out how many amps or watts your motor is pulling. The best way to do this is to look at the ESC. If your ESC is rated for 40 amps, then you know your motor "shouldn't" pull 40 amps, and you will be safe with a 45+ amp battery. To figure out this equation, watch the video below. It will help you out a lot on understanding how to figure out yoru setup.

I purchase my batteries from either hobbyking (good luck on returns) or hobbypartz. But, this is going to depend on where you are located in the world. Let us know and we can help you out with a location much better.

Here is the video.
Matching Motor, ESC, & Battery - YouTube

Top Bottom