General Need an answer to a very basic question

Giby1

I am repairing a Blade Flybarless 300x.
Right now I'v got myself so confused that I need an answer to a very basic question.
When the left stick (Throttle/Pitch) is pushed full forward, are both main rotor blades in a
positive atitude OR one in a positive and the other in a negitive atitude?
And, does the answer depend on a flybar or a flybarless heli.?

Thanks for any help guys.
Giby1

murankar

Staff member
throttle (left stick) controls the speed of the motor and pitch of the blades. The cyclic (right stick) controls forward flight, if you are on a mode 2 transmitter. When you go into forward flight the flybar will tilt forward for forward flight. In fly barless essentially the same thing is happening. Since I do not have this setup I can not explain how this happens.

Lee

Both blades should be in a positive attitude. If one was pos and one was neg, it would flip over very quickly.

RandyDSok

A flybar and flybarless helicopter work in the same manner with the only difference being how the blades are controlled. The flybar physically controls the rotor blade's movement and the flybarless controls them electronically.

Moving the left control stick left and right will control the yaw ( rudder ) and will change which way the nose of the heli points. It does this by changing the pitch of the tail rotor.

Moving the left control stick forward and back will change the speed and pitch of the main rotor. Increasing ( by moving it forward ) will only increase the speed that the helicopter is moving in depending on the attitude that the main rotor is set to. If the main rotor is level and you increase the speed/pitch.. it will climb up... if the main rotor is tilted forward it will also increase the forward motion ( or backward motion if tilted backward ).

Using the right control stick will affect the level of the main rotor disk which will cause it to move forward/backward ( elevator ) by pushing the stick forward or back... and affect the roll ( aileron if you ) if you move it left or right.

Top Bottom