600 Need advice on Castle "Phoenix Edge" speed control

Giby1

I have purchased a Castle Phoenix Edge 120 Speed controller and a
Castle external BEC.
Will be putting it in a 600 heli.
Will the ESC (right out of the box) put the heli into the air or
will I have to program it via Castle Link?
The motor is a 700 Brushless, 500Kv.

Thanks for any help.

Giby 1

Derek

I would imagine that you'll have to program the esc with the Castle Link. That way you can set the spool up rate, the cut off voltage, etc. You'll surely have to program the throttle end points, too.

Lee

Yes the settings are default Heli settings.
Only one, is the PWM setting is at 12. You will need to check your motors PWM. My Scorpion is 8.
Your instruction manual has the default settings in it.
But as Derek said, its better to use the Castle link.
Then you can adjust everything as it should be.

Last edited:

Giby1

Yes the settings are default Heli settings.
Only one, is the PWM setting is at 12. You will need to check your motors PWM. My Scorpion is 8.
Your instruction manual has the default settings in it.
But as Derek said, its better to use the Castle link.
Then you can adjust everything as it should be.

Thanks Guys,
Now all I have to figure out is how to use Castle Link.

Giby1

murankar

Staff member
Thats the easy part. Just pay attention to the pinout on the bottom of the link. Once all plugged in to the esc power on the esc and then plug into the pc and launch app.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

Hi Giby! Yeah, using the Castle Link isn't difficult at all. I was a bit intimidated by the Castle Link and the software, at first, but as you go through the steps and read about the options, it's all actually pretty simple. However, if you do run into an issue or you get stuck on something....just ask.....we'll help ya out!

Dirk

I got myself the Castle Link last week. Opens up the whole toy box for you. Best thing I could have done.

xokia

Which castle BEC did you get? With the edge 120 you should be using the BEC pro. Also make sure you only connect the CC BEC to 6S they have a tendency to spontaneously self destruct on anything over 6S.

Giby1

Re: Need advice on Castle "Phoenix Edge" speed control

Which castle BEC did you get? With the edge 120 you should be using the BEC pro. Also make sure you only connect the CC BEC to 6S they have a tendency to spontaneously self destruct on anything over 6S.

Thanks for the come-back. Sorry about the late response.
I did purchase the CC BEC Pro, to go with the 120 ESC.
They will be going into a 600 Chaos ESP heli and will end up in a scale "BO-105".
Because of the end result weight I have two 6C batteries that will be wired in series to power the
helicopter.
What do you think?
Thanks for any help.
Giby1

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the come-back Derek.
Sorry about the slow response.
I will be doing the studying ect on the BEC and hopefully will be catching on. I have a feeling you guys
will be hearing more from me about using your help.
This is an "Old Fart" you are talking to.
Am an old fixed wing pilot now wanting to get into heli's.
Thanks again.
Giby1

Top Bottom