Quad Necxt quad maybe

Stambo

Looks a lot like the one I use for FPV. Got mine from banggood. A little dearer but free postage.
I removed the legs from mine (too heavy) and put 500 heli landing skids on it.
The cheaper arms are quite soft and seem to amplify vibrations so your prop and motor balance has to be near perfect.
No built in distribution board so you have to build or buy one.
Having said all that, I still like mine a whole lot.
I run it on 4s 5000 Zippy compact and get around 12 minutes flight time.
Unfortunately I crashed it on the weekend but that's another story. :)

Hmmm looks like it comes with anti vibration mount for camera. Interesting.

Last edited:

Stambo

After checking that quad out a bit more, it has quite a few improvements over mine.
The legs look a lot lighter for a start.
And the built in camera vibration damper.

They do a kit as well that looks reasonable.
RCTimer Spider kit

Are there stiffer arms available for that quad?

After seeing the difference on my home built wooden quad I am considering making some from some sort of wood.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Sixfooter do you have a link for those arms? Stambo one thing I was really interested in that frame was the battery compartment. Which it looks to be huge and I may be able to put the battery on center of the top plate.

SIXFOOTER

Noo, I don't have any info at all., I was asking because of Stambo's comment about the supplied arms being soft.
The one I am working on right now is a Bluesky H-4, its plywood and I use Poplar to make the booms with for it.
Putting it all together, I think I see the advantages of a frame like the RCT and the QAV500. Big $$ difference though

Stambo

I may be wrong about the arms on this one, after comparing my Banggood one to the the RCTimer one, I just wonder what they are like.
They are similar but not the same, so hopefully the arms may be a bit stiffer.
I agree sixfooter about the $$ difference but a wood frame definitely seems to dampen vibrations better.

As far as battery layout, I have mine sandwiched in the frame but it is not ideal as it has limited scope for CG changes.
I currently use a KK2 which needs access to screen and buttons. This makes it almost necessary to mount it on top.
I wish to experiment with a top mount battery at some stage as well as using a different FC so I can mount it low in the frame.
I used the battery tray area to mount camera and FPV gear so you could say I fly it backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pair that some folks have been using on the TBS Discovery and DJI F540 and F550.
DIY Arm For 450/550/RCT800 (2pcs) - Accessories - RCTimer RC Plane Car MultiRotor APM and MultiWii Carbon Fiber Propeller Hobby Store

I dunno know good they will work but they look nice.

The price on just those arms is more than HK want for a whole X frame. Just maybe that says something. :)

Top Bottom