Nearly there:)

Westy

LEGEND
looks good .... you might want to get those cases out of the way when you do go for it .... or you might catch it with your training gear and be packing all those parts into one of them ;)

Derek

You might want to tighten those blade grips, too. I noticed that one blade was not straight when you were spooling it up. On the bigger heli's...those blade grips should be tight.

Graham Lawrie

looks good .... you might want to get those cases out of the way when you do go for it .... or you might catch it with your training gear and be packing all those parts into one of them ;)

LOL Westy, they were not as close as they look in the video:) One is my TX case the other is my Trex 450, with tools:)

Lee

Make sure on spool up you have the blades straight before you start. You don't want a boom strike :(

pvolcko

Reverse that tail servo direction setting and you should be good to go! :) Didn't accidentally have it on rate gyro mode did ya? I did that once. Thought something was broke until I realized I forgot to flip the switch to heading hold. I keep rate mode/heading hold mode settings on a switch so I can quickly test direction and easily flip it down and up again to reset the tail to center before spinning up.

Westy

LEGEND
did you check your tail servo is moving in the correct direction? RIGHT RUDDER APPLIED = SLIDER MOVES TO THE LEFT (toward the tail shaft).
and as in Lees vid..... CHECK YOUR GYRO DIRECTION IS CORRECT
http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/7064-Gyro-amp-Tail-servo-Direction-Set-up

1. Check your mechanical set up is centred
2. Check your Gain is high enough.... 65 - 70% is a good start.... get that tail wagging .... put it down and back off 3 - 5 points take off and try again ... until it stops.

The quickest way to check your tail is in HH mode ... pre every flight .... move your rudder left to right and left .... and release. If your rudder instantly returns to the centre.... you either are in Rate mode or your gain is set too low and it is not locking any heading at all....

Here are my tail tips and pre flight checks vids:

Right with that said ... must prep for todays flights !

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah Graham, looks like everyone is getting their birds in the air now. Reverse the gyro (I think) and it should be great.

Top Bottom