Flight Controllers Naze32 cant connect to computer (cleanflight/betaflight)

Alexander8046

I just got my first miniquad (250) and I'm struggling to set it up.
It has a naze32 Rev6 and I can't flash it or connect it to my mac.
I go into cleanflight, choose and load the firmware, but when I press flash it scrolls me down to this screen:
Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 13.01.54.png
Note: It also says 'Failed to open serial port'
I have tried following the instructions in the 'Recovery/Lost Communication' box but everything is exactly the same.
Please can someone help, I don't know much about connection and configuration etc.
Thanks
Alexander

Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 13.01.54.png

EyeStation

This almost looks like you are using a USB Charging cable and not a true USB cable. A USB Charging cable does not have the communication wires necessary for data transfer.
Try another cable and see if this helps.
And an important side note: Remove all the props while setting the quad up and testing. These things bite hard, and you will want your finger tips for use on the controller sticks later.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
In the top right of the screen where it says Bluetooth, that should say a COM port of some number if you are using a USB cable. Like Eye stated above, you may be trying to use a USB charging cable and not a data cable. Or, you may need to install the drivers for the board. And when you see that COM port up there when you connect it up, you may also have to hit the connect button.

Alexander8046

I don't think it's a power cable because it came with my galaxy s6 and I've transferred files over it.
I'll try with another cable just in case it has broken inside.

wolfman76

could 1 unsoldered esc pin on the fc keep it from connecting??? I have an afro flight 32 full rev5 board

Tony

Staff member
If that one pin has to do with power and you have all of the other red leads unplugged, they yes. Otherwise, I don't see how one pin could cause it to not connect.

wolfman76

I haven't had a chance to solder it yet but yes it is a positive pin on the number 2 esc connection I have also downloaded all the drivers that could help it recognize a com port and still nothing the board has never been used on any quad but I plan on using it on my spedix 250 carbon fibre quad

Stambo

A bare Naze32 board with no pins at all and no power connected will still power up and connect to a PC and configurator through USB.
If you cannot connect to the PC
  1. Is there lights on on the Naze when you plug it in
  2. Does the PC make the normal "connected" sound when you plug it in
  3. Have you tried a different USB cable
  4. Have you tried another PC
  5. Is Chrome up to date
  6. What configurator are you using
This is all I can think of off the top of my head, a bit more info and we can get closer to what the problem is

wolfman76

a solid blue light that doesn't blink have tried a few cables only have 1 pc I can use I have another naze32 acro board and it connects fine not sure if chrome is updated or even how to update it will have to ask the wife to show me I am using windows 10 I am using cleanflight

Stambo

If the other Naze32 works fine it must be a problem with the board.
May have corrupted the firmware somehow, or maybe a faulty board.
I would short the bootloader pins and reflash it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Can you reflash a DS F3 Evo board also? I'm having problems binding my QX90c. My first QX went fine but the second QX "back-up", I can't get the blue light to flash quickly in order to bind. I tried all combination except close binding. Any ideas anyone?

Top Bottom