Misc NAZA GPS

Baz

Do you have to fit the gps disc on the stem provided or could you cut it down so it barely sticks up at all.
Is there a benefit having the carbon tube fitted to it at the length supplied
:)

wolfman76

i have one too but still learning but i don't see why it would matter either way but like i said i have not messed with mine yet i also have a multiwiicopter gps module and it does not come with a pole to mount to just the circuit board it is on... Breeze400 (sam) might have a better idea

Reactions: Baz

Tasajara

Using the stand gets the GPS up and father away from RF Interference. It will help it connect to more satellites sooner.
I noticed on my GPS on my plane that it would also connect better if I powered it up first. Wait a min or so then power up my FPV equipment.
Still 1 to 2 inches will work.
And if you want to protect the GPS more, you can use one of the
Protective Adjustable Mount for DJI NAZA GPS Receiver
Always make sure you have it pointed in the right direction, and enter how many inches/mm it is from the center of the MultiRotor in the naza assistant software for it to be more more accurate.
I have got to get mine mounted on my Hexa... But busy with the QAV right now so it can wait..:playful:

Here is a little video help on setting the GPS up... hope this helps...
DJI Naza-M GPS Mounting, Setup & Calibration

Last edited:

wolfman76

Ok i have a GPS question... Does the wire on the GPS compass need to be facing towards the front of the quad our to the rear?

Last edited:

Baz

If you look at the gps disc,on the top there is a red line circle with a little triangular shaped pointer.This points to the front on your copter -- or as you have asked the wire points forward.
seems strange really you would have thought it would face backwards !!!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The arrow faces forward. Also go to the DJI web sight and download the NAZA m manual. Read it and you will learn much! Yes you will! Lol

wolfman76

have a question where on the rx do you connect the
A
E
T
R
U
X1
AND
X2 ports from the naza controller i am unsure on these.... THANKS

Tasajara

the letters you listed or just the same as aileron elevator throttle and rudder....x1 and x2 can be setup to adjust the gains while in flight or if you have gimble for stabilization if I remember right U will select attitude mode altitude hold and so forth. Best thing to do is pull up there PDF manual and read it it will explain most everything.

Last edited:

wolfman76

Ok thanks Craig just trying to get it setup that easy if someone bus it it will ready to go when they get it...you know connect and bind their rx put lipo on it and fly.... Do you still need to setup end points on a naza?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
have a question where on the rx do you connect the
A
E
T
R
U
X1
AND
X2 ports from the naza controller i am unsure on these.... THANKS

Did you download the Manuel? The wiring diagram is on one of the first pages! Also there are lots of set up videos on you tube. You need to check them out!

Top Bottom