450 My worst crash Heli 0, tree 1

:poidh::poidh: Today I had my worst crash. :facepalm::dunno: It was flying so good and stable, oh well, part of the learning curve. Need to replace main blades, main shaft, feather shaft, tail boom, tail blade holder shaft, tail main shaft, main gear, most likely tail front gear, and 1 for sure maybe two servo gears. I think I have all the parts except the 450L tail boom so I am going back to the 450 Pro boom since I have 3 of them and 320 main blades until I buy the 360 mm blades and 450L boom. But before I put this one back together I am going to finish the 450L Dominator.

450 Pro hard crash.jpg

Since the first question will be what happened? here is the answer. Some of you seen my video and noticed the trees how close there were. I lost depth perception, by the time I realized it the heli was between the trees and hit a branch at almost full throttle then dropped 20 ft.

450 Pro hard crash.jpg

Sorry no video, I don't own a small camera that I can use while flying. Yes it is depressing specially when you spent time to tune it and it is flying good to start all over again.

Tony

Staff member
It could be worse... You could have a helicopter that you fight ever single flight with something else going wrong... I have that with Murphy lol. Sucks about the crash though bro. Hope you get it back together soon.

And what, you don't have a cell phone camera? Come on bro, we need video for our daily fix!!! lmao. :chuckles:

I do have a cell phone I only have to figure out how to glue it to my forehead. I know you use the Mobius and you seem to have good results. I might start looking for one because the GoPro are to expensive.

Tony

Staff member
The mobius is an awesome camera. There are quite a few options you can change in it with a program called mSetup (works on the #16 keychain cam as well) to get the perfect picture. I would really like to get a couple more of them. I love my mobius. And you are right on the gopro, they are hella expensive! Hero 3+ Black is something like $400 lmao. Yeah, I can put a HUGE dent in a dam good camcorder for that price. That is 1/3rd the price of a professional Sony video camera. Low end, but still.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I do have a cell phone I only have to figure out how to glue it to my forehead. I know you use the Mobius and you seem to have good results. I might start looking for one because the GoPro are to expensive.

You don't have to glue your cell phone to your forehead but You can attach your cell phone to a baseball cap with Velcro. Works pretty good.

Top Bottom