my two birds

Nez

Hello here's a photo of my two money pits

me leggy Align 450 plus DFC,3G MR FBL unit
Align 500 esp 3G FBL head,just needs a FLB unit to get it up and goin (I hope):triumphant:

WP_20140225_002_zps98f2ed0f.gif

and me new TX to go with them:)

WP_20140226_004_zps323a7edc.gif

lookin forward to getting the 500 up and goin,just need to sell some more body parts and ill be there yee arr :)

Nez

i'm not to shore ken I was under the impression it was a 3G flybarless head,whats a HK head ken?

- - - Updated - - -

couple of close up's of the head
WP_20140228_003_zpsa6254d4e.gif

WP_20140228_002_zps891f52a8.gif

WP_20140228_001_zps59f48022.gif

Nez

now you've pointed it out,it doe's look tall compered to the DFC head,hope this wont be me a problem down the line when I put the 7200bx on it? be just my luck lol:)

Nez

thanks kenjack,that's good to know:joyous: was a bit worried for a moment,dont want to throw more money at it than needed

Lee

Like the Lynx turnbuckles on the head. Makes adjusting the head very easy and very accurate :)

Reactions: Nez

Slobberdog

A lot of people like that flybarless head better than DFC because it transmits less shock to the servos in a crash,

Nez

Thanks for the info chaps much appreciated,i'm trying to take as much info in as possible
yes when my 450DFC as hit the dirt usually takes a couple of servo's out,so that's good this head may not be as hard on servo's and
good news to that the Lynx turnbuckles make it easier to set up being a newbie and all ,so alls good nice one:)

thanks again chaps:encouragement:

Ken Jackson

I have to disagree Kevin, damaging servos is all about how you hit. A taller head is irrelevant in my opinion. I have found the DFC On the 500 to be very robust, and main shaft replacement minimal. Don't know about the DFC 450 yet cause I have not got mine off the ground yet. Maybe the links give easier on the taller flybarless. I rebuild my servos and I've had more crashes with no servo damage then with. Inverted crashes are the worst. And coming in on your side is bad.

Ken

Derek

I was just looking at my 500 and the top of the rotor head is quite tall. I guess I never really realized it until now. My 500 is flybarred, so I have all the mixing and washout arms and stuff. Based on your first picture, Nez, I think the head on your 500 just looks super tall because it's sitting next to the 450 with the lower head. I'm surely not looking forward to any time of crash with my 500 but when it does crash (and someday it will), I'll put a flybarless head on it.

Nez

Hi derek, the flybarred head doe's look complicated to rebuild,looks like a birds nest to me:)tell you you truth I thought the previous owner had just took the fly bar off and put the long Lynx turnbuckles to the swash lol,iv got a hell of a lot to learn :) ,ill probably invest in a DFC head for the 500 soon as it needs a rebuild, and like you said it will hit the dirt one day,its just part the hobby;)

Ken Jackson

Plan that upgrade in two parts, the DFC head then A new gyro. It's a bigger upgrade then you think.

But it's worth every penny.

Ken

Last edited:

Nez

Ken when you say gyro do you mean the FBL unit,me plan is to go for the 7200bx unit,only because it looks the easiest to set-up(plus some of the reviews I've seen)but I see you are using the IKON is yours easy to set up,bear in mind I've never set up a FLB unit up,I was going to start a new thread on which is best FBL unit to go with long term but since you have mentioned it I thought id aske here,thanks

Ken Jackson

Yes flybarless unit. I am just learning the IKON but flew the 3GX the last year. The only other contendor is the 7200. I asked about the preferred flybarless gyros and the top three we just discussed. I think the 3GX is very easy to setup and the IKON isn't bad but you have to use a PC or smartphone to set it up. Never heard anything bad about the 7200.

Derek

I've not heard anything bad about the AR7200bx either. People say that it "just works". I have the IKON on my 600e Pro DFC. I'm not done with the setup yet but I will be soon. it's not hard, at all, to setup. The steps are very well laid out. I just struggle a bit with the new terminology, but I am looking forward to flying the 600 with the IKON. I also have the 3GX on my 450 Pro DFC and I'm learning how to set this one up as well. I also have an AR7200bx, brand new and still in the box, waiting for a heli to go on.

Nez, you said that you were going to start a thread on Flybarless Units. Well, here is a thread that was started last year on FBL units and it's full of various opinions and thoughts:

What is the best Flybarless System to buy!.!

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom