600 My TRex 600 ESP Rebuild

Smoggie

The 600 is finished with the help of my instructor.

One last thing I would like to do is add a separate RX battery. I prefer to power the electronics on their own rather than risk having the motor spool up on me. I'm going to use a JR connector from the RX to a 2s lipo battery. I'm going to solder EC3 connectors on both the battery and the other end of the servo wire.

What connects to what in order for this to work?

Thanks

That could be a problem. To power the servos of a 2S LiPo they must be HV servos (capable of 8.4V operation). Standard servos are only good for around 6V or so and would probably be damaged by a 2S LiPo. If you have regular servos you could use a 2S LiFe which is lower voltage than a LiPo, or you could use a voltage regulator.

On large helis like a 600 it's recommended to take power to the receiver through two JR type servo plugs, each plug is only rated for about 4A which isn't really enough for a large heli.

sneezy007

That could be a problem. To power the servos of a 2S LiPo they must be HV servos (capable of 8.4V operation). Standard servos are only good for around 6V or so and would probably be damaged by a 2S LiPo. If you have regular servos you could use a 2S LiFe which is lower voltage than a LiPo, or you could use a voltage regulator.

On large helis like a 600 it's recommended to take power to the receiver through two JR type servo plugs, each plug is only rated for about 4A which isn't really enough for a large heli.

The servos are standard servos so I'll use a 2S LiFe battery. If we're using two JR servo plugs do I need to get a EC3 to JR harness?
Where do the JR plugs go into the receiver?

Thanks Smoggie.

Smoggie

Yes, I normally make my own harness up to go from the battery connector into dual JR servo plugs. If it's a flybarless heli the servo plugs would connect to spare ports on the FBL. For a flyber heli any two spare ports on the Rx.

sneezy007

Yes, I normally make my own harness up to go from the battery connector into dual JR servo plugs. If it's a flybarless heli the servo plugs would connect to spare ports on the FBL. For a flyber heli any two spare ports on the Rx.

Perfect thank you Smoggie, now I have to brush up on my soldering skills.

Cheers.

Top Bottom