FBL Gyro my rudder stick will not move the tail when i go left

orbi

Ive looked at the vids and centred my tail servo, and centred that with the middle of the travel when i look at the tail end. but i cant get the tail to move when i push the left stick /rudder hard left from centre position. I can get movement to the right (from centre) but not left? my srvo is 90 when the tail is in the middle of its travel but nothing works left of centre on the throttle / rudder stick. im stuck!

any ideas ?

orbi

Im using KDS flymentor

- - - Updated - - -

do i need to be in rate mode and do i need to set that up / i couldnt quite get that when Tony mentioned it in his video. He said to set the servo i needed to be in rate mode and have the GYRO switch on to get 90. im not certain ive done that process.being im not sure how to get rate mode? or set it. mmm

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I should have thanked you for your reply, duh , thats panic for ya. shoild have said im a noob but im tryin hard.

orbi

I managed to actually do this ... having never done anything like this before! its taken me about an hour. Ive set the elev/d/r switch to enable me to switch OFF flymentor KDS. doing that enable me now to move my rudder stick all the way to the left. Ive set my ail/d/r switch to set the sensitivity. and ive changed the tail servo gears and reinstalled my tail servo. in 2 1/2 hours .... happy now. I wonder what else is about to hit me, maybe the wife lol. should I do my travel adjustments now should these be done ? in tx or through flymentor ?

Lee

It sounds like you are gonna be the Flymentor expert on here from now on :D

orbi

belly laughing.... me ? Its just that it took me ages to sort out the software prob...but I wouldnt let go ... I had to sort it.. Now im into new teritory as how to write it up. , I had to replace broken gears , but im not so sure the servo is set correct. now. got up this morning and cant move the rudder when I go left on stick again.... must be the KDS so im leaving it.
was I supposed to be in rate mode????? to set that servo? I just set the servo to 90 off the rudder port in the rx before I installed everything. what is rate mode , how do i set it? im getting mixed up a tad with idle up mode.
I thought I had cracked the tail ....its torMENTORING me!

Lee

Rate mode is where the tail acts as a weather vain. It will follow the heli and let it point into wind whether thats true wind in a hover or induced wind by forward momentum.
Head Hold is exactly as it says on the tin :D which ever way you point the heli, it will continue pointing in that direction until told otherwise.
As to how to set it, that will depend on the radio. Tail gain can be set in the gyro menu and could be from -100% to 100%, or 0% to 100%. The lower half of each is rate and the upper half is HH.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom