My Plane using Tony's Build Video Before and after :(

OwnageKingX

Too excited to Fly..crash landed and screwed my plane in 30 sec..
Point learned...use sims before doing the real thing..its hard on the pocket..

before.jpgafter.jpg

Own,

before.jpg

after.jpg

Lee

Dude that sucks. If you just cut off the front damaged section, i'm sure you can fab up a new front and attach it. I've smashed in the front of one of my scratch builds before and replaced just the damaged section. Worked fine.

OwnageKingX

i thought about that Lee..but the crash was so damn nasty..that
1. I blew my Battery a 3000 mAh 3S 55-60C
2. Broke the properller shaft so i cannot put on the propeller dongle..wateva you call that..
3. The wing ripper from the Aileron Cut till the center of the wing..
4. Broke the gear of one of the servos :(
So i guess have to start all over..

Lee

Wow you did pile it in hard.
Sim is you're friend. :)

i thought about that Lee..but the crash was so damn nasty..that
1. I blew my Battery a 3000 mAh 3S 55-60C
2. Broke the properller shaft so i cannot put on the propeller dongle..wateva you call that..
3. The wing ripper from the Aileron Cut till the center of the wing..
4. Broke the gear of one of the servos :(
So i guess have to start all over..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
that seems like what I did to mine.. lol SIM SIM SIM! :)

hey the prop you are using .. is that a nitro prop by chance?

Tony

Staff member
No matter how bad the plane seems, some hot glue and some popcycle sticks will fix it right up. That is the great thing about foamboard. Watch the video below. This is the very first trainer I built and flew. Needless to say, everything was wrong and it was twitchy as hell. Ended up lawn darting this thing and caving in the nose. 20 minutes with a hot glue gun and she was back in the air. However it does suck about the battery. If you have bolts sticking out on the inside of the fuse you can put some styrofoam in there to keep the battery off of it. Hope you get back in the air soon. Just make sure your CoG is at 1/3 chord and you have a little up elevator dialed in, and I mean a little, like 2º.

In this video the motor I was using was too small. It was a 370 size motor with a 2200mah 3s. the pitching up (or when I say "it's still wanting to nose up on me") was because I had no down angle in the motor.
Rc-Help Trainer Plane (Name Needed) - YouTube

Top Bottom