500 My new TREX 550 FBL v2

iflywhirlybirds

So I finally broke down and bought the helicopter I've been pining for since I got into the hobby, the beloved TREX 550 FBL vc super combo and a DX8 with Rx and telemetry module. I'm actually not sure what im more excited to have hahaha, I love the DX8. I hope to be posting build pics this weekend. It's not gonna get up in the air for a while as I still need to getting better at flying my blade 400, which is considerably less stable. Im actually gonna watch tonys DX8 vids in a few to help me set this stuff up. Super pumped!

Tony

Staff member
Finally, someone is building the 550 lol. Good luck and we will help you any way we can.

As for the DX8, if you have any questions, just ask. I have 4 videos up on the Tx but they are not complete. There is a basic helicopter setup video for the DX8, and I still have to do the advanced setup. I'm trying to come up with a way to setup a mobile studio so I can shoot video at work but not have all of the outside noises associated with it. Just bear with me and I will get it. Congrats on the purchase.

murankar

Staff member
Get yourself one of those panel vans. Line it with styrofoam and egg carton liners(those grey paper things) lights well anything that runs on 12v. Wait that won't work in an office.

Tony

Staff member
Right, I still have to be able to see out side. To block out the sound, I only need a mic that is surrounded by corrugated foam except for what is facing me. It's more the table and tripod mount that is the issue. I don't have a lot of space to work with. Maybe I'm just wishing on something that can't happen though. Only time will tell...

iflywhirlybirds

If I may hijack my own thread, you would be very surprised what hooking a foam cover over a microphone can do to muffle unwanted noise. What type of camera are you using? getting an external mic can do wonders as well.

also, I notcied that there is a decided lack of 550e's (my helicopter, not the 550) on this forum, which really isnt a bad thing, its just interesting. I also plan to repaint the fiberglass canopy and I should be making an accompanying video

Lee

I would like to get a 550, but its too close to my 500 and 600. If i decide to sell my helis, I would like to try and get a 550 and 700. That seems to be the two choices of heli combos.

Tony

Staff member
You are correct, there is a lack of 550's on here. I'm hoping you can change all of that lol. Can't wait to see this thing.

iflywhirlybirds

Sorry for the lack of activety chaps, got very busy recently. All I need to do is smack the gyro and two sat receivers on there and setup the transmitter and it will be in the air in no time. I will take video of the maiden hover. And hopefully post the few pictures I took of the building process hahahaha

Top Bottom