My New Office

Tony

Staff member
It's definitely a work in progress, and in the end, I'm going to have about $600 tied up in this shed/office. But once done, it will be a place that I can go and just get away from everything.

Tony

Staff member
Get a wood one, and not a metal one. If this was a metal shed, then it would be hot as hell in here even with the AC unit. I'm even thinking about putting my 55" LED tv out here lol. Maybe some dish network... I already have internet access. Hell, maybe I will put in a well and septic lmao. Just live out here. Stay with my helis all the time hahahaha.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
lol.. mine is a wood shed. mice and spider infested... it's small, but if i can keep the moisture down then I will use it. than I have to think about winter right around the corner.

Tony

Staff member
Mice and spiders I can deal with, they are easy to get rid of. Wasps like to fight for their territory lmao.

As for winter, get some R-19 insulation and cover the walls in 1/8" plywood. If you ever need a motor mount for a plane, just cut a small hole in the wall, and put something there to cover it up lmao.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
ok... maybe I should get a small heater... I can get internet in the sheds, as well as power, I just hope I can clean it out good... It use to be a chicken shed, before they all died.

Stambo

Good start Tony, I sense slightly less tension in your posts, or am I wrong?
Must be good to get out and fly again, I hate it if I don't fly something every day.
Even if it's just a micro around the lounge.
I'll have to tidy my model room and post a few pics too.

ok... maybe I should get a small heater... I can get internet in the sheds, as well as power, I just hope I can clean it out good... It use to be a chicken shed, before they all died.

Lol do you think you should find what they died from first?
Be careful when you clean it, wear a mask.
Chicken poop can harbour some pretty nasty stuff, especially the dust that you kick up when cleaning.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the stress is still there, but when you are flying, you forget about all of that.

Karubah

Nice cozy little " office " Tony. Should keep you on track until you get you option 3 up and running if you are still going to run with that option when the finances kick in. you do seem a bit happier, can hear it in your voice. :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
The fish tank is in the house. I don't like the rock layout, but don't really feel like messing with it.

concept30

heres a question, is there anything you dont have Tony? The Shed looks good, I thought it was of those trailers, my old friend had a trailer with his rc cars in it.

Tony

Staff member
Is there anything I don't have... A life maybe lol. Seems all I do is work and sleep. I screwed up Sunday by kicking back and flying. forgot all about needing to change the oil in my cars. I think next weekend, I'm going to have to tear out our deck and fix a lot of it. Just more work. But to answer your question, there is a lot that I don't have.

Tony

Staff member
Here is an update on the "office". Tonight, the wife and I did some moving around in here. Took the desk and flipped it 180º and put it on the back wall. Put the deep freeze where the desk was, and my plotter is under the shelf with the trophies. I also have my kitchen table in here now so that I can hopefully get some decals made up for the Soul and Rio. Might even print up a couple hundred to sell here on the forum to try and get some cash for some new projects that I want to start. But, that is down the road.

as it sits now, this little office has a bit more room in it. I'm not sure how, and it may just be a feeling of cleaning it, but it feels as if there is more room. We will find out as I start working lmao. I'm known for dragging out a LOT of stuff hehe.

Stambo

Have you managed to keep the critters out?
I know how you hate critters. :)
Looking good though.
Maybe I should post some of my man cave too, wait I live alone, it's the whole house. :)

Tony

Staff member
I don't have a problem with most critters, I have a problem with wasps lmao. And it's getting better. I still usually kill one or two a day in here. But, I just plugged a lot of the holes that were in here. Remember, this was a shed, and a shed needs to ventilate. So the roof running down to the eves has openings in it for air to flow in and out of. I just stuffed those with insulation and so far, it seems to be helping. No wasps so far today. And it seems a bit cooler in here as well which is a bonus.

Top Bottom