My name is Frank and I live in Massachusetts

ranger258

(Just a note) I'm 67 having been flying r/c heli's since 80's left the hobby, now I'm retired and I'm back into it again. June 5th 2013 I bought my first electric Align TREX 500 PRO DEC. I have pictures of the build, ship is about 95% ready, having a problem with the electronic end like programing the flybar controller, plus speed controller, and of coarse my Futaba T8FG radio, so it's one day at a time. I joined a heli club in my area and their will be members there to help me set it up. Till another time good health to all who read this post. Be Cool...Frank from Massachusetts001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah Frank, you are doing it right with the 500! That is a GREAT helicopter kit. And I see the bottle of blue thread locker down there, perfect.

Setting up the 3GX can be a little intimidating at first, but just watch through the videos I have made on it and they will walk you right through it. The rudder setup you may have to do over and over since it only gives you 10 seconds to put in an input. and what I mean is when you move a stick or hit the button, you have only 10 seconds to move the stick or hit the button again or it will jump out of program mode.

As always, if there is anything we can help with, don't hesitate to ask. That is what we are here for. Below is the link to the 3GX videos. Hope you enjoy!

Rc-Help - 3GX How-To

:welcome1:

Derek

Welcome to the forums, Frank! This is definitely the place to be for RC help. Especially with helicopters...these guys know their stuff!!!

Lee

Welcome Frank. You chose a great heli as a first return into the RC world. Look forward to seeing your escapades.

Slobberdog

:welcome1: Frank, as Tony said watch his video, i had it playing along side me setting up the gyro/ fbl controller, and it helped massively, hope you enjoy the site and the freindly people that come with it.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
WELCOME ABOARD! glad to know I'm not the only resident from MA here. Good luck with the 500 build and can't wait to see more!

Whirlybird

Welcome Frank :hdbng: I'm also Frank . . . but you have 5 years on me :yikes: This forum needs more "experience: :lmao:

My story parallels yours though my initial experience was in the 70's and my first copter was scratch built . . . my radio equipment I also built . . . Heathkit :)

Here is a video I posted waaaaaaaaaaaaay back, on my early RC experience . . .

A Walk Through Nostalgia - YouTube

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Frank...what part of MA are you from eastern, central, western? we might be able to hook up if your in Central MA, i'm from the Gardner area.

Top Bottom