FBL Gyro My Ikon came in today

Sparse

Title says it all, I do have to wait however for the rest of my stuff to show up. my mks servos, and my A-main order. And from what I see with the tracking from A-main I am not going to see that stuff until Saturday. I have watched a lot of videos on the ikon set up and know I am going to have a bunch of questions setting it up. ( the video I watched was from the link posted on here ) Anyway as I am going to be setting this up soon. Maybe I can get a few questions answered while I am waiting for the rest of my stuff to com in.

1) Is there a firmware update I have to do to the Ikon ? or is it automatic.

2) With the servos its seem in doing the 90 I do not have to be 50 in 50 out on the tx because the ikon handles that. ( true or false )

3) what am I going to do to have to set up the gov ? meaning I am going to use the align stock esc with the built in gov, and not the Ikon.

4) has anyone one the forum have this unit mounted on the v2 frame and if so could you post a pic, I need to find a good place to mount mine.

Thanks in advance guys I am sure there will be more questions to come.

Tony

Staff member
I REALLY need to play with my Ikon... lol. Can't wait to see this bird in the air.

Slobberdog

1) it will auto check when you connect it up,

2) you will set your travels as per the steps on your software, then you will have to have your stick centre to do the 90deg's

3) can't help you with gov, sorry, but would not use it on the 450 anyway,

4) only place you can mount is on the inverted gyro tray,

Sparse

1) it will auto check when you connect it up,

2) you will set your travels as per the steps on your software, then you will have to have your stick centre to do the 90deg's

3) can't help you with gov, sorry, but would not use it on the 450 anyway,

4) only place you can mount is on the inverted gyro tray,

The Ikon don't fit inside the frame of the 450 pro v2, need to find someone that has it mounted on a 450 and have them post a picture.

Tony

Staff member
I think most mount it on the side of the helicopter. You have to have access to the usb port. I can access it on the 600N, but it's very tight. I won't put the Ikon on a 450. In fact, unless they change the location of that usb port, I won't get another Ikon.

Lee

If you are going to use the built in Align Gov, then you don't have to do anything in the Ikon.

Top Bottom