My hobby shop sucks

Man been waiting a week for parts that were supposed to be in today...all he managed to get was my DX6i. He did not order any of the parts I told him I needed. I am so bummed..had to order them online myself and spend an extra 8 bucks for shipping and a few things I need are on back order.. ggrrrr the dissadvantages of living in a small town.
Anyone got an extra set of blades for the 120 sr? LOL

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately I don't. Where are you ordering your parts from? They should be cheaper in the long run because even though you have to pay shipping, you should be saving that money on taxes if your ordering out of state. Hope you get it in the air soon.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
My local hobby store shut down because it sucked. They never had stuff that most people needed. The only planes they had was the Hobbyzone Super Cub and sometimes they would have a Parkzone plane.

Tony

Staff member
hahaha. The closest "good" hobby shop to me here in oklahoma is the one at I-240 and Penn, and the one in Newcastle. We do have a Hobby Town in Norman, but they don't really have anything for Align, or EDF's or anything good lmao. If you want Blade, they have everything, same with Traxxas, but when it comes to large scale, they have nothing. It's been a though, but I don't have half a million to start one up.

Tony

Staff member
You should come down to the flying field with me. If you have your AMA, you can fly with me. If the wind is good, I will be out there this weekend with at least the mcpx, Edge 540T and Extra 260. Might have the Bipe out there as well, but not sure if it will be ready.

callsign4223

Staff member
Haven't got the AMA yet, only have the mcpx to fly and if I hit something I can toss a $20 at the guy and shut him up with that one. Might get it this week and come on down. Is this ridiculous wind supposed to die down by this weekend?(It's been blowing 10-20 here for the past week for you non okies)

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it's been pretty bad this week. Saturday was great though and I got some flights in. But today is worse than yesterday. I'm watching the news now and will update when I find out what it's going to be like this weekend.

Tony

Staff member
Saturday is 15-30, Sunday is 10-20. Looks like it's going to be a quiet weekend at the field. If it's going to be that high, I doubt I will be out there.

Tony I live in Montana. No sales tax. actually costs me a little more to order online but atleast the stuff gets here for cryin outloud. Anyway..ordered what I could online, A few things on back order. But I will be up again soon. Still waiting on my AMA membership stuff in the mail but it should be here tomorrow. Namaste all.

OK so I gave up on my local hobby shop..just spent a bunch of money online and will just do it that way now. Ah well..I am getting familiar with my basic parts list LOL

Tony

Staff member
Trust me, you will become quite proficient with your parts list within a year. YOu will crash and while you are walking to pick up the pieces, you will be running prices through your head on what you have to replace lmao. It's good times though lmao.

I'm gettin there now LOL. Ahh well..gotta learn eh. Gettin my flight sim cable in the next few days. Gonna save some money by learning more on the sim ha ha ha..In theory that is.

Top Bottom