450 My HK450GT

Tony

Staff member
Hello everyone. As some of you know, I crashed my 450 yesterday, so I thougth I would make a thread about the rebuild. The crash was not that bad. I had to order blades, flybar, feathering shaft, main shaft, and tail boom. But, I went a little extra and ordered some digital tail servos so I can put my GA-250 on here and test it out.

So, the parts are on the way, I should have them next week, and this helicopter will be back up in the air, I can assure you that. Who knows, maybe I can drive it into the ground inverted next time hahaha. If you have any questions, just ask.

john2012

Banned
my blades come off and messed up some parts here also question do i need to set up my heli with the stick at mid or does anyone know if i can set without doing it at mid stick

DoninIA

Thanks for the video Tony.
I'm currently building my first Heli. HK450GT.
This video does an excellent job of explaining the setup.
Now to my question, I ordered an analog pitch gauge, does a digital pitch gauge work better?
Watching your video, the digital gauge seems to be more accurate.

Thanks
Don

Tony

Staff member
The digital will allow you to get your pitch settings closer rather than just "eyeballing" it which you have to do with a mechanical gauge. With a digital pitch gauge though, it's very important to lock your flybar into place so that it will not move and is perfectly level. This will give you the most equal pitch range on both blades. Hope this helps.

Lee

I taking my second HK450GT back to europe. I sold mine to my boss last time i was here. It has sat on the shelf since then. So he asked me to sell it for him. And i will have my old DX6I back too.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony, I happen to be looking thru my workbench the outer day. Found a tail boom and a couple of shafts sitting there for the 450. If you want them then just ship then and there yours! Lol

john2012

Banned
you know i like the video on the clone but i need the 450 v2 sport super combo some parts are different but i do watch all your videos tony and greatly apperciated with all

Tony

Staff member
This clone is a clone of the 450 V2, everything is the same except the links and I explain that in the head setup video. If you have solid links, then all you can adjust is the long links going from the swash to the mixing arms, and the servo to swash links. Other than that, the video explains the setup step by step.

Top Bottom