my helis

taizi

just thought i would show my little birds, not great pics and i still have my training bars , the CP3 is in need of a new RX, the xedia9958 (trex100 clone) needs blades, but my little REX (SKYA250) is flying great and im happy with the face i drew on it, i have fitted genuine align SE swashplate, tail drive system, blades and main gear with SG50 servos and esky esc+motor and its transformed the way it flies

something to watch with these clones is the important moving parts as they arent up to align standards but all genuine parts fit and work well, i am also going to try the new flybarless DFC system because ive seen the 450 pro version in action with a new friend who is amateur compared to me but was flying better than me with his first flight due to the stabilising effect of the 3GX fbl dfc, there is a new TAROT version of the 3GX system called the ZYX which looks to be an exact replica of the align but literately half the price and from reviews ive seen works every bit aswell, i will try it out and let you know how good it is unless someone has already got one and can give me some pointers

im not sure if im allowed to say where to get these cheap parts but its a fairly new company based in shanghai and shenzen mainland China and has great customer service, cheap prices and will secure ship worldwide, let me know if you want the name

happy flying guys
paul

heli pics 012.jpg

heli pics 011.jpg

iphone pics 019.jpg

iphone pics 098.jpg

Lee

There are a tonne of posts on here about the ZYX unit. I have one on my 500. Great price $95 with tarot FBL head. Where did you get your parts from.

taizi

im gonna get my zyx from oomodel.com £44 $65, or chinese ebay where its abit cheaper again, good hunting

Tony

Staff member
I have no problem with you guys posting where you get parts. Post away. But if they turn out to be crap, I will remove them lol. And the ZYX is good for getting into FBL, but I'm stuck on my 3GX.

Lee

Thats where mine is from OOmodels. Postage was a bit slow compared to other HK companies. They have the Tarot 450 FBL Super combo there i was thinking of getting.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You know on Traxxas's web sight fourm you can't even mention H.K. or your post will be edited out and you get repromanded! LOL

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Seriously? Lmao, that's great!

Oh Ya I was recomending some Turnagy Nano Teck Bateries to someone and it got edited out and I was told in not so many words that Hobby King was persona none gratten and not to mention them again!! LOL

taizi

crap!! I started something there didnt I, sorry guys, its just with this hobby we need all the cheap stuff we can find and because im in china with help ive found some good places.

Tony

Staff member
Nah, you didn't start anything. Since I almost lost an eye because of cheap china crap, I have decided to only use either American or very good quality products like Align from Taiwan. But this is just a personal decision by me and I will ALWAYS help anyone there is no matter what they are flying or driving.

taizi

yeah your right,its something ive learned from being in China awhile, there are different levels of copy stuff, all the main moving parts of my rex have broken including the feathering shaft which just split into two and shot the blades 20ft from the heli, needless to say all the moving bits are now align, the same goes for anything in China, if its really cheap dont touch it but if its about half or 3/4 the price take a chance cos chances are its from the same factory but its still a minefield

Tony

Staff member
if its about half or 3/4 the price take a chance cos chances are its from the same factory but its still a minefield

See even this is too much of a risk for me. Why pay almost full price on something that's a crap shoot? lol. Again, this is just my opinion.

taizi

hi Lee
hope you dont mind me asking , but how did you pay oomodel because i have no working paypal account and transfering the funds is getting really tricky

regards
paul

Lee

I use paypal for all my RC stuff. My paypal account has another name. RC Bank Account :D LOL

sterlingh

Ok here I go showing my know nothing. I feel like umm sgt. on Hogans Hero. "I knoooow nothing". One can buy a kit and convert your bird to a FBL? If not then I did not really post this.

taizi

Ok here I go showing my know nothing. I feel like umm sgt. on Hogans Hero. "I knoooow nothing". One can buy a kit and convert your bird to a FBL? If not then I did not really post this.

Yes is the simple answer, i'm not sure about your other helis but certainly the trex450 sport, you need to buy the DFC flybarless head (available in blue to match your parts) and the 3GX system from Align, then simply fit and setup the 3GX system and away you go, this is abit expensive but well worth it, or a cheaper alternative is the Tarot ZYXs flybarless system which works the same but is abit more complicated to setup but still has the same result.

i checked this out with Align because i wasnt sure myself but they said it can be done on all models from 250 to 700

Also just for your interest (and mine cos i will buy a 450 sport V2 when money is ok) I also asked about converting the sport to a torque tube tail drive, this can also be done as there is a torque tube conversion kit available for all 450's so basically you can convert your sport to a pro sport

hope this helps
Paul

Tony

Staff member
I would like to add that you can use the Align 3G to save a little money. Also, you can get the regular flybarless head and not the DFC if you want, but at $36 for the DFC it's the way to go.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I saw the word DFC there...and I had to write this.. :D I had a maiden flight on my rebuilt 450 pro... with Align 450 DFC head. It was the first flight of the DFC head.. And WOW!! The difference is AMAZING!!!! Its beautiful!!! So precise and so locked in. I mean AMAZING!!!!!!! LOVED IT! Cant wait to make a video and show y'all how responsive and locked in the heli feels.. :D

Top Bottom