My flying buddy, Tracy, and his Hobbyzone Corsair with AS3X and SAFE

Derek

Thanks Dave! Yeah...the Corsair flies really well. The landing gear are a bit weak but it's an awesome flyer!

Ken Jackson

Is that a new model? I didn't know you could get the corsair with AS3X

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like only about a 34" wing span?

- - - Updated - - -

3 or 4 cell battery?

- - - Updated - - -

ADD couldn't ask all that in one question, LOL

treff

Nice flying just tell your mate he needs more speed on the final turn into landing or that will stall out for sure.
Good luck, have fun.

Derek

Great flights, AS3X really makes it predictable to fly, how does the panic button work?

The Panic button works very well. The plane recovers very quickly and get pointed with a slightly upward angle. Very nice!

Is that a new model? I didn't know you could get the corsair with AS3X

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like only about a 34" wing span?

- - - Updated - - -

3 or 4 cell battery?

- - - Updated - - -

ADD couldn't ask all that in one question, LOL

The Hobbyzone Corsair has the AS3X

3S 1800mah

Wingspan is 44" Here is the link: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/f4u-corsair-s-bnf-with-safe-trade-technology-HBZ8280#t1

Some nice flying there Derek by Tracy, smart looking bird too

Yeah...Tracy is improving when he's not trying to do something stupid, lol. It's an awesome looking plane...no doubt!

Nice flying just tell your mate he needs more speed on the final turn into landing or that will stall out for sure.
Good luck, have fun.

Thanks treff! and you are right....but....although we do get along pretty well, he's more stubborn than anyone that I know. It's hard to get him to listen to my advice. Granted, I surely don't know it all but I do tell him to maintain "some" speed while landing to avoid a stall and then the sudden drop to Terra Firma. He tells me that he has heard to just chop the throttle and let the AS3X land the plane. I told him that the theory is possible and all but that AS3X isn't going to help when you stall at 4 feet above the ground and smash the cowl on the asphalt. He's had this plane for 4 days and has crashed it 4 times. The flight video above was one of his better ones. I guess I should just stay out of the situation. It's his money. It's his plane. If he wants to crash every other flight, then so be it. I'm not paying for it, lol.

Last edited:
Not much else you can do Derek if he's not listening to your advice, he should do with you being the better pilot. And he's lucky to have you mentoring him. Wish I had a local pilot to help me....

Ken Jackson

Yeah I agree Derek. And thinking the AS3X will land the plane with zero throttle is crazy. Like you said its his adventure so let him do it his way. He may come to you eventually for advice, either that or he will just give up.

Ken

Top Bottom