My First Time!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
So I took the "Plane" out for the second video session and flight with some added weight to the rear to try and adjust the CoG. I put my keychain cam on it this time for a FPV of the flight, and not what you see from me. Because the plane was on the left wing (should have put it on the right), I had to add a LOT of right aileron. So, I trimmed it out and thought "why not do a slow pass just to see what it does"... Yeah, that was a mistake.

As I'm coming along the ground, I punch full throttle and try to climb. The torque of the motor makes this thing do something out of Willy Wonka or something, and I'm fighting it. As I'm fighting it, and trying to climb, The plane hits the canopy of a tree and gets stuck up there... FIRST FRIGGIN TIME EVAR!!!!!

You would think with all of the trees I have out here, that I would have done it sooner or later lmao. Well, my time has come now.

So, I take a walk thinking I can just throw some sticks up at the plane and knock it out. Yeah right, I under estimated the height of this tree. It was up there. I was able to toss some sticks up there, and out of about a dozen, one got "close" lol. This being a rare day in Oklahoma, not much wind to help. So I fire up the motor and use the elevator to try and get it out of the tree, and it starts moving, then lodges its self harder lmao. :facepalm:

After what seemed like an hour, I started looking around at some things hanging from the tree. Holy crap there is a vine going right up to that branch. SCORE! I did have to do a little climbing, and for someone as fat as me, that sucks!!!! lmao. so I make it to where this vine loops back up to the top, almost bust my ass, but I start pulling and tugging on this thing for all I have. After a little bit, I see the plane pop up and started to flat spin to the ground. I'm like "Yes, a soft'er' landing. Then, half way down, thank you Mr Nose Heavy, she points straight to the ground and lawndarts hard. I see the battery go flying and I'm wondering about the camera lol. If you remember, this thing likes to over heat and shut off. So, I climb back down and go over and push the little button on the camera. The light comes on!!!! Holy Crap!!! When you turn these on for those that don't konw, there is an amber light. When you hit record, the light goes out. When you are done, you don't know if you got the footage or not, until you push that button and that light comes back on. :yahoo:

So, I grab what's left of the plane, the battery and my DX8 and we head to the house. I hope to never do something like that ever again!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hahahahahahahhaha!!! thats seems like what happened with my mcpx.. except the only way i dislodged it from the tre before it started to RAIN.. lol was to keep throwing rocks at it.. people thought, why is that indian throwing rocks at a tree. lol... anywaz.. that was ery very funny man!!! hahahahah and i know how stupid it feels when something like that happens! lol

you got the video now? where is it WHere WHERe WHERE!!!!! ??

Tony

Staff member
I have the maiden on the glasses (first flight in other thread), and I have this, on keychain lmao. It's funny as hell to watch. And when it comes out of the tree, it's a spiraling decent to it's death lmao. I will see if I can get it uploaded real quick.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
just think Tony. if you had fallen out of the tree before the plane did - you would have been on camera as well. but if not hurt that would have made an interesting story. maybe gone viral.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony I'm sorry. I read this a bit ago and just busted out laughing! I couldent stop! Just the thought of you falling out of that tree caught on film would have been priceless! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
I just about busted my ass lmao. All of the wood on the ground is old and rotten (fallen dead limbs from last years drought), and I stepped on one that was about 6" in diameter, and it broke lmao. Still had the DX8 around my neck as well because if I would have taken it off, you know the plane would have hit it.

Video is almost done uploading. You guys are going to laugh your ass off. I did :biggrin1: after the fact anyway lmao.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
that video is the .... i'm still laughing 2 minutes later. fantastic shots from that cam. great looking countryside you have there.

Tony

Staff member
Let me get it back up in the air a little more, adn I will show you more of it. Actually, check out the videos below.

This is the one of my FF-22 on it's maiden flight with Dual EDF's. This is actually a prop jet plane, but I like the sound of EDF motors (same as you heard in the above video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTUPC_zNgw

This is onboard the FF-22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gv1dZCqgw

This is the trainer I designed and need to get a motor for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fqam9OgqA

Facing the front on the trainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofj1TnDub_4

Facing the rear on the trainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxo43deDhOE

As you can see, I have a decent place to fly right in my backyard. But the cows put ruts in the field so I can't land anything with wheels like my Edge or Extra. And I'm not belly landing a plane with monokote on it lmao.

Last edited:

RCD

Glencairn Drone
What plane is it??! LOL, I'm dying to know! I cant believe you just hit the top of the tree and it got stuck! Lmao

Tony

Staff member
Dude I know, I figured it would hit, and get slung out into the neighbors yard lol. I will work on the video and try to get it uploaded of what the "jet" actually is lmao. I'm still working out the bugs, but I love custom building stuff. Even though I have been working on this for like a year lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know which one this is.... Its what's his face's design of that what's its face fighter... Ive seen this on Skype. Lol ;)

Tony

Staff member
It's my design, no one else had a finger in this other than sheer boredom at work lmao. I had not seen many of these, and I think I know the reason why after this one lmao. I'm almost done editing the maiden flight video, and yes, you see the whole plane...

Tony

Staff member
If what you saw on skype is someone elses design, then no. This plane is from a picture of a real jet I found, lined out and saved so I could print later.

Top Bottom