My first legit "rolling" landing!

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
I went out to the field today with the Super Cub, and my First Foamie project plane.

My buddy and I have been fighting the Super Cub ever since I got it. It has always seemed to tail heavy. Well, I decided to have a go at adjusting the control horns. The next thing I know, we're removing 1.5 ounces of ballast from the nose!! Woo-Hoo, it flew great! It was pretty windy, and it was a handful for me, but I stuck with it.

First landing was into a row of arbor vitaes on my approach, I didn't realize how far away it was and thought I had cleared them, but no... No real damage except for a crack in the cowl.

Second landing was single point on the nose, aka lawn dart, in the grass next to the runway, again no real damage.

Third landing was on the wheels, and then an immediate nose over.

But my fourth landing... excellent IMHO! My first legit "rolling" landing! :surprise:

I also got to show off the First Foamie to some of the best fliers in the club. All good comments, especially roll rate, and vertical climb. That was nice of them...

So, It was a great day! :banana:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, when you nail the landings for the first time, it's a good feeling. I know I'm still looking for that good landing lmao. Keep it up and you should do great.

Top Bottom