My first FPV takeoff

Stambo

Did a morning FPV flight and for the first time I did a complete battery with the goggles on.
So I decided to do another, this time I took off with the goggles on and did a full 10 minute flight without removing them. Took them off to land though. :)
Pretty boring vid really, just circuits around my little property.
But I am making progress so I am happy.
Video is not the best quality. Didn't want to wait forever to upload it.
I also see I need to balance my props a little better and get rid of the last of that jello effect.
Or maybe insulate the cam a bit more.
This flight was still KK2, can't wait for my new FC to turn up.

My first FPV Takeoff - YouTube

treff

That's superb Stambo lovely place. Just one thing, in all these FPV videos I have seen there is always a little Goblin sitting around with funny glasses. LOL

Lee

Well done mate. I'e always taken off with the goggles on. Much easier than trying to put them on while you'er in the air i think :D and my eyes take a while to get accustomed to the light. Flying blind for a few seconds is scary LOL

Stambo

Well done mate. I'e always taken off with the goggles on. Much easier than trying to put them on while you'er in the air i think :D and my eyes take a while to get accustomed to the light. Flying blind for a few seconds is scary LOL

Thanks Lee, after finding out how easy it is, I will take off with goggles on in the future.
Might wait a bit for the landing though. :)

Nice flight. Got a good spot to test and dial things in. Now to buzz some livestock. :evil:

Lol, they are already used to it, it does not seem to bother them too much.
Can't understand why. :biggrin1:

That's superb Stambo lovely place. Just one thing, in all these FPV videos I have seen there is always a little Goblin sitting around with funny glasses. LOL

And yet after seeing him while flying I can never seem to find him when I land. :)

WOOOHOO!!! I learned to multiqoute. :)

PS: Sorry to shove that beautiful blue sky in front of you guys that are having to deal with snow and ice and trees down. Hope you're all getting power back and things return to some semblance of normality pretty soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom