My first consistent pyroflips

Lee

Well today was my first flight for over a month, and what a flight. Took off and after checking my setting on the 600 were working, i tried my first full piro flips. It worked perfectly and surprisingly easier than the simulator. I had my friend film them but.... for some stupid reason my old iphone won't let me export them :( It was very windy too so keeping them in one place was tricky. I started high at maybe 50/60ft but after a few i brought it down to about 20ft. No low smack yet, but getting there :D
I will fly again tomorrow and make sure i use my other camera. :)

murankar

Staff member
Congrats on the new moves. Yeah I think we are going to need some video of that one sitr!!! LOL

Derek

That's awesome, Lee! I'm still trying to understand the concept of the stick movements. I try to do them on the sim and my results are nothing like what they are suppose to be. I still have lots to learn.

Anyway...congrats on the flips!!!

Westy

LEGEND
Lee ... you DA MAN!

Good to hear you are making Break through after breakthrough!

oh and............

If it aint on Vid ..... It never happened LMAO!!!!!!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I need a video ... I can pull half photos continuously but full are still a mystery

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
yeah.... I can do halfs and fulls on the sim ..... but not on the 600 yet! ... once fulls are sorted then you move onto doubles......

can take upto 3 years to develop those timing skills!

RESPECT! - AWE ... ASTONISHMENT!

Good work LEE!!!!!

Lee

HAHA, thanks guys. There will be proof today. Going flying as soon as i finish my breakfast.
Simming really does help. I haven't touched a sim really in more than a year, but last week after setting up Phoenix on my friends PC, i got an hour of practice every night of last week. First attempt in real life was so natural.
Gaba, i did some double flips, but not what i would call real. I do a full flip then continue the second 360 but level before flipping it again back to upright and another 360.

Lee

Just got back from the field. Only flew the 600 and half a battery on the Warp. I have a bearing in the tail thats shot. Half way through the flight i heard a load humming, came out of ID2 and it stopped. Shes grounded till i get a new bearing. But i got the piroflips on camera. Video uploading now.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am finally getting a hang of looking at it

I couldn't comprehend the moves before ... Starts out like a half piro then you just keep moving your tail and come out the other side (somehow ) lol I am gonna be watching and REWATCHING your video today lol

Man I need to sim too!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::::::

NOT REWARD the video.. REWATCH! lol

Last edited:

Lee

You are going to reward my video? Whats the prize LOL :lmao:
Thanks guys.
Gaba, if you can half piro, then the full one is just as easy. The problem is, once you start doing half piros, your brain just keeps stopping at a half stir of the stick. I just spent a couple of sessions on phoenix to get my mind into the full stir, until it was natural. Its so much easier in real life.
If you want to start somewhere, just do a half piro, then finish it with a half turn to nose in. Thats what i did.

murankar

Staff member
Blade farts are so cool. I had mine farting a bit on Friday. I wish I was able to wear my camera gear in uniform or there would be video of it.

Graham Lawrie

Just got back from the field. Only flew the 600 and half a battery on the Warp. I have a bearing in the tail thats shot. Half way through the flight i heard a load humming, came out of ID2 and it stopped. Shes grounded till i get a new bearing. But i got the piroflips on camera. Video uploading now.

Excellent Lee:) well chuffed for you:) I am uploading now for a spool up i just did:) Sill loads to check and level, but could not resist it:)

Top Bottom