Projects my first bipe

murankar

Staff member
Well I made the first purchase for the bipe. All I need now is motor and accessory kit, ESC, prop and 4 servos. All of that is us warehouse and some stuff is out of stock and can't be backordered.

I did get the frsky module with 8 channel rx with telemetry, linkages, push rods and speed connectors.

One thing is on back order and is coming from the global warehouse.
I am most excited about the module.

Updates to come.

murankar

Staff member
Well things are looking better for the bipe.

I now have everything in route except the motor, props and ESC. I am excited about the frsky module and if things work out with it I will get the plugs needed for telemetry which are now in stock. There is even a USB adapter for the rx. I would be looking at about $30 for all the plugs.

The motor and ESC I Amy look elsewhere if I can get them for about the same cost. Right now the turnigy motor and ESC are at a good price foe a first foamy build.

The count down begins. T - 10 months till HK gets me the parts.

Tony

Staff member
What size motor are you looking at? I may just sell you the system off of my bipe that was underpowered for it. I know what you are thinking, but I have the same setup in my 40" Edge mini and 40" Extra mini and they fly great. I can't remember the numbers, but I have the motor, ESC and can even toss in an 11x5 (I think) prop. 10x4.5 if you want smaller. Just let me know, there are two flights on the motor and ESC, so they are pretty much brand new. You can see it in flight on the Bipe videos, I filmed both, I think lol.

murankar

Staff member
1200 kV (250w) motor 20 amp 2-4s combo. Prop is 8x4 (recommended 8x4.7.

I never did the math on the setup with my 3s 2200 25c packs.
Here is the link to the motor

NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 250w (USA Warehouse)

According to HK this motor can go up to 8x6 at 13 amps draw. With the 8x4 I would be at 9 amps based on my batteries. Now 8x6 was the largest tested prop on this motor. Could I go any bigger or would the 8x6 be the best option.

On YouTube search for the baby blender review and watch how this plane handles the 8x4.7 prop.

This setup gives me more flexibility with a swapable power pod I think.

murankar

Staff member
That looks like a good motor. To be honest I like the 2-4s option. I can fly a wide range of planes with just a prop change. I know on a 2s setup in would have to fly a small prop though.

Will see what happens. Who knows I just may go with the exceed motor.

murankar

Staff member
Hot the motor mount and 4 servos today. The mount is what I thought it would be. Soon the new parts will be fitted and closer to maiden.

murankar

Staff member
Update to the baby blender project. Right now all that is left is the motor ESC and props. I have not forgotten about that offer tony.

I have converted this plane to a 4 servo setup so I can play with more options in the radio. I am still on stock firmware and the re-flashing is not going as planed. I also have to address the wheels I used. They are to small. I am thinking of just using foam board to make temps till I can order bigger wheels.

I have the new tax module and rx setup for the project and since the rx has to antennas I have one on each side of the body. One is going parallel to the ground on one side and the other is almost vertical on the other side.

For the two servo aileron setup I had activate channel 6 and setup the throws on that screen. I now have full throws on the surfaces which will be dialed down just before I go out and fly. I finally found out how much throw will be needed for this plane.

One thing I would like to play around with is flapperons even though its not needed. I am wanting to learn how this radio works for planes. So far its not to difficult.

In the mean time I am using the scraps of foam board to build the v2 version of this model. Its almost done. I am using the same pattern and I have it painted orange. This is real orange and boy is it bright. Since this is my second attempt at this build it is looking a lot better.

As for the paint I found a paint that works well for foam board. I managed to get a nice coating of paint without rippling the paper. There will be pictures to follow just for the purpose of showing how well the paint did. I purchased the paint at wall mart and it is a quick dry. I post up the brand when I get home.

Well that's all for now.

Tony

Staff member
Glad to see you are pushing along with this. As for teh motor/esc combo, it's no longer on the table. When Matt was over last weekend, we build an RCH Trainer, and I sold the motor and esc to him for that project.

murankar

Staff member
Oh-well. I snoooze lose. No biggy right now.

Thanks Tony, It's been painful waiting on HOnk kong and now I bet the parts I need are in the HK warehouse vs the US warehouse. Trying to save some cash on the shipping. I could do a search for coupon codes for them. last time got free shipping form HK warehouse.

Top Bottom