Projects my first bipe

murankar

Staff member
Well the blender is on the book shelf till I place my order with HK.

I found a motor (1000kv), ESC, and 4 servos all turnigy. I also found the speed clevises, control horns and 1 mm push rods with tubing and a 9x5 prop. The motor can handle up to 9x4.7 (which I did not find on HK website). I would like to know if going 5 instead of 4.7 is a problem?

The biggest thing will be the wait to order then the wait to receive. I still need landing gear and wheels. Still thinking of a coat hanger, for the wheels not sure what I need to look at.

Last but not least still need color. I hope maybe this weekend that will be done.

Next I was comparing the wings to the RCH trainer and I think the folded airfoil might work on it. All I think I would have to do is make the wing longer; the width looked almost dead on.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can do the folded air foil on the trainer. That was my initial design, but I did not like the wing tips. OCD kicking in again lmao. But it can be done as you stated. As long as the prop is NOT a slow fly prop, you should be fine. But keep an eye on the temp of the motor, battery and esc. And if I were you, I would hand launch and belly land this sucker. That's what foamies are for lol.

murankar

Staff member
I was thinking of hand tossing. Oh yeah the wife asked what I would want for the birfday that was $50, I said the rest of the bipe so I could fly it.

Then the wife said what about the heli?

I said its not going anywhere in love that thing.

I am going to bed now so I will post up links tomorrow some time of the parts. Just want to make sure every thing will work for my first plane.

Last edited:

wolfman76

i don't think it would be a problem just be careful peeling it off round the edges... foam board you using is like paper overtop foam right???? i built a 44" monster tensor biplane out of 5mm depron foam board i will snap some photos and post up if you like it is pretty big my kids just decorated it with colored sharpies... lol

Tony

Staff member
I would use the green painters tape since it doesnt' hold as strong. But you will still risk pulling up the paper or at least tearing it while taking the tape off.

Tony

Staff member
Yes it will, great tip. It will pull up some fibers from the shirt and reduce the stickiness by about half. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the little bipe. Speaking of bipe's, I need to get mine back in the air. That thing was a handfull.

murankar

Staff member
From the video of this one it looks like a hand full. Especially for a beginner. I am really hoping to get the two colors this weekend.

My goal is to do some kind of stripes on the wings and a solid color for the body.

Whirlybird

I'm retired from the painting trade. Green would be better, but if you like "blue" like me, go with 3M blue "safe release". It's got an orange tinted core and is more expensive, but it's what we used, especially for delicate faux finishes. The added benefit is that it is much thinner than regular blue or green leaving a crisper line :)

But whatever you use, try it on a scrap piece first.

Blue Tape.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Not to bad for my first foamy. Just need my electrics and it will be airborne. Over all I will be looking at a total of approximately $60. This will not include radio, batteries and charger.

I am happy with how it turned out minus the over spray. I should have masked off the entire wing. The tape was ALMOST flawless. I did have some rough parts.

If you paint foam board be sure to use multiple light really light coats.

ForumRunner_20130215_211759.png

ForumRunner_20130215_211831.png

ForumRunner_20130215_211941.png

ForumRunner_20130215_211759.png

ForumRunner_20130215_211831.png

ForumRunner_20130215_211941.png

Top Bottom