450 My firs back flip with 450pro

pj1969

It just goes to show with a little pacients and practicing, getting more confident each time you fly even a novice like me can do back,front flips and a dodgy roll lol I still haven't flown my goblin 700 yet, that just scares me spooling up lol. In the 5 months I've been flying, I have learnt so much, yet there is still so much to learn and get my head round. Hope you like the vid.
My first back flip with my ALIGN 450 pro dfc - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Great job! I do have some suggestions though. When you are doing a flip, don't be afraid to give a little negative pitch! One thing that is hard to over come is the fact that the heli needs a bit of negative pitch to make a smooth transition. Here is now I do it.

Start by giving a bit of positive collective to make the heli light in the air (like tossing a ball up with your hand. The inertia will make it almost weightless for a bit)

Move collective to 0º of pitch and start your roll simultaneously (or flip)

When the heli is almost inverted, add a few degrees of negative, then back to 0 when it rolls past center.

Then finally back to normal collective when you are right side up once again.

Hope this helps.

pj1969

Thanks for the tip Tony, tbh i did it by mistake rather than try to do it lol, i will try doing what you have said etc, will keep you posted .

treff

Great flight, congrats. The one thing that worries me being an old bugger is how do you see the helicopter that high? I nearly smacked mine into the ground after going that high and just happen
to pull on the right stick by luck on the way down . I just could not see it. Great Job. Must also be nice flying in the grounds of Buckingham Palace LOL

pj1969

Haha tbh I've put some fluorescent fin and tail blades and it makes it stand out loads, it's helped me out as I find it hard flying nose in lol. Where I fly is an old nursing home, not used anymore and is perfect.

Top Bottom