My club flying site

Slobberdog

Well went to my clubs flying site tonight, here it is.

image.jpg

Used 1 battery on both the 450 and 130x and fell quite comfortable with both.

Went from there to the school where we normally meet on a Wednesday and had another battery on each Heli again, and had more confidence with both because had no close calls when flying the first batteries in both, but that's where it came apart,

not best pleased was doing really well with my 450 when my timer went off, could have kept going as I was having fun, but thought of my battery and came into land, got it down to a foot and lowered it gently to the deck, at which point my tail blades start catching the grass and doh front tt gears stripped not badly but when turning its notchy, so I have my first breakage on my 450.

Black gears ordered though, bit gutted as I can't get hold of the tail black gears over here yet so have had to get a packet of white ones instead, just in case.

Next thing to sort out folding Heli pad, pic to follow on that one.

So little hiccup but had 4 really good batteries for me, with hovering and a little fwd flight, sorry no video, still not sure on the recording device I want to go with yet, I love this hobby......

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, those gears will go when they touch anything. I have black gears on my 450 and I have hit the grass and dirt a couple times when taking off and landing multiple times while doing blade tracking. I was just going up, looking at it, then hit throttle hold and let it go down. Love these black gears. And my mesh is a little loose on the front gears. Says something about them.

Hope you get it back up in the air soon!

Slobberdog

Well got my gears and had some info on the black rear set of gears, Robbe Schulter the Align main dealer for the UK will not release the black gears till they get rid of all the stock of the white ones. LOL

Bird back in the air later, yeah baby. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Tony

Staff member
Oh that is a bunch of crap on the black gears. He would lose my business over that one. That is some childish crap right there.

Glad you got your bird back in the air though! Now get us some video of it flying and stay out of the grass lmao.

Slobberdog

They distribute to the whole of the uk for align spares, so apparently they can,

Will try and get my daughter to film for me tonight just for you Tony

Tony

Staff member
Wow, seems they have a monopoly on the business. Sounds like they need some competition lol.

Can't wait to see the video.

pvolcko

Order a pile of black gears from an alternate source and resell them. Put the pinch on him and make money hand over fist at the same time. :)

Is a pretty lame strategy on his part. He'd be better off selling black ones at a price premium to encourage sell out of the white ones, or maybe run a buy a black get a white one free (and increase the price to clear the white stock free and clear).

Slobberdog

Guys this is the Align UK outlet not a shop or retailer, my retailer wants them to sell but can't get them until the white ones are sold, no UK retailers have them yet........

Slobberdog

Well here is the video of the test flight, it was a bit windy but got it in he air, still really slow on tail piros with tail going right but quick with tail going to the left

[video=youtube_share;WpE8bleLLdo]http://youtu.be/WpE8bleLLdo[/video]

I have full travel both ways, just can't figure this out,

pj1969

That happened to me on monday, i did 3 full battery's and on my 4, timer went off and i was heading towards me nose in when i didnt realise how fast she was coming, it flew over my hed and by the time i'd turned round, i got disoriented and left was right and visa versa and whallop!! she hit the deck. Luckily i flicked the throttle cut so only did blades and main shaft. all stripped down ready for new bits tomorrow. No matter i'm picking up my goblin on sunday lol
like your club ground mate, we have nothing like that in the midlands, not even a good club!!!

Slobberdog

Just another quick video showing that I have centre and full travel that's why this is stumping me, it has to be some thing simple just what.

I have the ball link as the manual says, and its on the inner hole out of the two holes,

[video=youtube_share;X9QzV4HKo1M]http://youtu.be/X9QzV4HKo1M[/video]

I need to get this sorted so I can have piece of mind......

Slobberdog

I was updating the correct thread with the question that I got into above and thought I would update this thread as well.

Well while writing this post I was not convinced with what I was putting down on paper, cyber paper that is, so I went back to the manual and checked the gyro setup, and that funny enough was spot on, then the little demon on my shoulder said *** mon thicko there's something simple you have done wrong, and I think there in lay the answer.

Back to manual, yet again, this time lets go back to the beginning I thought, rudder setup,

Servo 90 degree - check
Ball link 10mm from centre screw - check
Rod 345 mm ish - check
Pitch control arm 90 degrees on tail output shaft - no....... And this I hope is where my problem lies, on my old heli I set up centre by having the blades level when in centre, but on this it states in rate mode have the slider and arm in centre, and when I look at the blades they are pitched, well here's a pic for you to see, so if I am right this will help combat the main torque of the heli.

View attachment 7562

Well as I adjusted that I then needed to go back and redo my limits again, darn I am good at that now, but hopefully this will teach me a lesson to read things not do what Kev thinks is right.

Will try tomorrow and post results, weather / wind permitting

Top Bottom