450 My bird leans to one side lol

pj1969

Well guys i have some good news and some not so good!! I've just changed my DFC head which was a cheap DFC copy which was on the bird when i bought, to an ALIGN DFC, had to play around with swash hight etc to get pitch right, tracking is spot on, but just came back from the field and i've noticed she's kinda leaning to the right about 6-8º. i never noticed this before is this right? i'm sure when she flew before the change she was pretty much upright and i could take my hands off the tx she was that stable. i'm using a TAROT zyx 3 axis gyro so dont have any adjustment. Any suggestions???

Oh and now the bad news, on my last (4th) battery, she flew over my head and i got all confused and she hit the deck, only blades, main shaft and drive gear, so not to bad a fix. Just gutted as i'd done 20 odd mins without crashing haha:upset:

DAL2855

Banned
My DFC bird is pretty much almost upright with no lean at all. And so is my bird with the 4 blade head on it!

pj1969

yeah thats why i'm kinda thinking something is up with it. she flys nice, but just at an angle at hover. strange

Slobberdog

All heli's lean, its what they do, some look like they lean more than others

- - - Updated - - -

The blade msr was designed with the shaft at an angle to compensate for this lean and for more stability on take off.

pvolcko

Yeah, in order to counter tail wash for clockwise rotating main blades the heli, in stable hover, will generally be leaning right a little bit. Visual perception of it, for me, is heavily influenced by the background and how much of an angle the tail is to being parallel with mainshaft. Some have a slight CW cant which can make the tilt that much more obvious.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just know this the helis that rotate clockwise do tend to be tilted to the right a few degrees and that because of the torque of the tail..

It's less noticeable in 450. My 700 is very noticeable. Yes that is normal. The drive shaft / tail belt is applying torque on the tail. The heli's main blades are trying to Torque the body anti clockwise, and the tail is working hard to prevent it

All that sums up to the bird leaning to the right a bit in perfect hover

Dirk

It is known as tail rotor drift. Full size and models do it. You are using more anti-torque compensation because of the multi-bladed head that you are using thus creating more sidewards thrust (drift) by the tail rotor which is then compensated by banking (leaning) the heli to the right. All about balance.

Top Bottom