My Apologies For The Latest Live Stream

Tony

Staff member
If any of you watched the latest live stream, I apologize for what took place on there tonight. I think tonight was the last night that we are going to do a live stream for a while. Again, I apologize for what happened to everyone that watched it.

EyeStation

Not meaning to poke at a possible fire, but are you willing to explain what happened during the show?

Tony

Staff member
Absolutely.

Uri can back me up on this if anyone has any questions.

Last night we had a live show just like we do on every Friday. Last nights topic was from one of the more popular articles here on the site, "The Chinese, Helping Or Hurting The Hobby". It in my mind was a simple discussion to see what others thought of the Chinese cloning products and pushing out the products they do in the quantities they do. It was simple, is pushing out all of these products like they are good for our hobby, or is it actually hurting our hobby by pushing out some things that are not that good.

The show was smooth for about 30 minutes when one member came in, obviously from China, and just went absolutely ballistic. I didn't know what he wrote at first since it was in Chinese, but URI, as well as others did a translate on it, and lets just say it was nothing near what would be considered appropriate for a "Family Friendly Show". Not even close. That pretty much destroyed the rest of the show.

But I kept on, pretty much trying to explain what the show was about (and banning that douche). A few other Chinese Nationals came in and the first one I thought was going to do the same way as the first, but thankfully didn't. The last guy that came in said about the same thing "why are you bashing china". And again, I stated that it was a discussion, not a slaughter.

All in all, we went from our best show (last weeks show) to our worst show (this weeks show) and there seems to always be someone that wants to kill it for everyone else. And with it being a LIVE show, I can't protect the people (mainly children) from these people that just want to talk nasty. So for this reason, as of right now, the live streams are going to come to an end, starting last night. If I do another live stream, there will be no chat, it will just be me and whoever I have on at that time. But quite honestly, I think I am just going to stick with doing regular videos and call it good.

EyeStation

Apparently they are not upset enough to visit the forum and state their case.
Hope to see that you keep up the live streams, and would hate to think they ended before I figured out the schedule.

murankar

Staff member
That show to say the least was not all that bad overall. The issue was that some closed minded idiot wanted to ramble off at the soup cooler. Yes his butt was chapped but in the end we did not do that bad. the topic is a controversial topic no matter what the industry is.

Tony

Staff member
Quite honestly, that show has me wondering if we should just take RCH uncensored. I have been thinking about it for a while but just can't bring myself to do it.

Top Bottom