1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

My 450L 6S

Discussion in 'Members Pictures' started by Barge, Apr 11, 2014.

< My Fleet from day one to present | :) Happy Gang:) >
  1. Barge

Barge New Member

Blog Posts:
    Here are a few images of my 450L, nothing really different to what most members here have not seen before. I have a couple of little mods so here we go.
    DSC_01.jpg

I use a XT60 connectors on the battery to ESC wiring, as I have never had a problem with them on my hex. I lubricate them on a regular basis with a electrical lubricating spray, this improved connectivity and prevents oxidising. I ordered a spare set of main shafts which was fortunate as I only required the 0.2mm spacer which still gave a small amount of play in the shaft. I used the 2 x 0.1mm spacers and this actually gave a snug main shaft fit free of end play and still allowed the auto rotation gear to spin freely.
    DSC_02.jpg

I ran out of black zip ties for the Rx antennae on the boom, while it's not ideal aesthetically it is excellent for signal strength. The other antennae goes down the side and through a nylon standoff, the bottom of the antennae hangs out past the bottom of the frame. The SBUS Rx makes for an uncluttered wiring loom to the 3GX, there is only one wire from the 3GX to the RX.
    DSC_04.jpg

The boom support is from the Align 500, as the 450L boom is longer than the 450 PRO, the longer and thicker support braces will do no harm. I ended with an extra rudder control rod guide so I used it just because it was there. I also used two bearings on the torque tube, with the three spacing's between the bearings set at a different length to avoid any harmonic vibrations. I also greased the drives on either end of the torque tube before assembly into the female drivers.
    DSC_07.jpg

I took this photo for no other reason than I like the engineering in this mini part, and it works very well.
    DSC_06.jpg

There was a lot of enjoyment putting this together.

DSC_02.jpg

DSC_04.jpg

DSC_07.jpg

DSC_06.jpg

DSC_01.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Extreme Sports Instructor
    Its a nice looking ship for sure. I'd love to fly one, to compare it to my Warp 360.

3. scottwells

scottwells New Member

Blog Posts:
    U.S National Guard Infantry and Full Time Student
    I cant see the pictures???

4. Barge

Barge New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sorry about that, I was editing a rouge image.

5. scottwells

scottwells New Member

Blog Posts:
    U.S National Guard Infantry and Full Time Student
    Great looking helicopter. Very clean. I have heard so many great things about that 450L

6. Mda1701d

Mda1701d Member

Blog Posts:
    Thats a nice looking bird!!
    I wish I had gone with a 7ch set up, as the wiring was the worst bit, trying to get them all within the chassis.

7. cml001

cml001 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Nice!

8. Admiral

Admiral Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    Well presented helicopter.

9. NEXRC

NEXRC New Member

Blog Posts:
    Home Page:
    Wow, that's nice and clean machine! Awesome..

10. chrisrock

chrisrock New Member

Blog Posts:
    mechanic
    Use a fishing line instead of those zip ties. ;)

11. Barge

Barge New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi Chris, the location of the antennae is going to change, I bought a Futaba CGY750 gyro, so the Rx and the gyro will be side mounted, both will be centred on the main shaft at the bottom of the left and right side chassis. The other thing is you never want to fix the antennae where they can be ripped out of the Rx in a crash. I currently have them running through small tubes which are held in place with flite metal, a adhesive backed aluminium sheet.

CGY750.png

CGY750.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
< My Fleet from day one to present | :) Happy Gang:) >