MUST SEE!!! Bert Kammerer with new 3 bladed Goblin

Derek

Yes, I know that I shared a video of Bert with a 3 bladed Goblin last week. This one is different! It's a short video. Watch the video to the end. I really thought this video was unique because Bert isn't flying this helicopter as "smack down" as he usually does and at the end, you get a really good look at this "different" helicopter. Gorgeous machine!!!

flying Goblin Urukay... - YouTube

Lee

The Urukay.
Not my cup of tea looks wise.
The three bladed head should allow longer flight times, more pop, but the cost of a crash has now increased :(

Derek

The Urukay.
Not my cup of tea looks wise.
The three bladed head should allow longer flight times, more pop, but the cost of a crash has now increased :(

Oh yes! Most definitely!

But it sure is good looking!!!

danhampson

its the new f3c goblin (now FBL is allowed), i spotted i part shot of it on the goblin website a couple of days ago, Ennio Graber is the goblin sponsored f3c pilot.

murankar

Staff member
Okay i want my royalties. Their is a close likeness to my name. I would gladly take 3 full complete ready to fly kits to keep this out of court.

Urankar
Urukay

:lmao:

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

:) that is a great looking heli. I like that the whole industry is just now coming to grips with the goblin style boom by copying it and then SAB drops this fast on the heels of the gob speed. They really are turning the heli industry on its head.

murankar

Staff member
Whats crazy is they are revamping old ideas and making them new. I think align will be following this trend next. Not sure who else might follow except maybe JR.

murankar

Staff member
That's one reason why i think jr will follow. This is their second round of boom covers. Multi bladed head are not new but are being redisgned. So it will be interesting to see who plays ball on this field, so to speak.

Another stupid question. What is F3C, is it a free style 3D thing or a design thing?

murankar

Staff member
Never mind found the answer. Nothing more the a rule standard for contests. Basically its rc helicopters flying very precision flights.

pvolcko

Yeah, everything that's old is new again. :) I'm not saying Goblin is inventing anything particularly novel here, just that they have managed to do it at a reasonable cost and gain some actual market clout in the process of "innovating". JR may well have done all of this before, but they don't have the market clout of a SAB, Align, HH/Blade, etc. Or KDS or Compass for that matter. JR seems to be one of those companies that likes to keep its product pricing high in order to make their stuff less popular and have an aire of "snooty" about it. Not unlike a lot of british car makers. :) It works for them so more power to them, but that also mean they aren't "driving" the market in the same way SAB or Align can and do, despite any innovation they may manage to put out there.

That all said, I think SAB/Goblin has innovated on the design and aesthetic front. They aren't the first to do "full wrap" styling, but the lines and design of their heli and canopy, coupled with the molded CF boom (no wrap) is pretty novel and worthy of the attention they've gotten as a result. The fact they could price it and stock it so mere mortals could get it... they are doing amazing things over there.

Getting Bert on board certainly was a master stroke too. The guy is a marketing machine for them, let alone the technical and testing expertise he brings to the table.

murankar

Staff member
Whats even more crazy is the guy is an IT guy when not dealing with his heli gig.

Goblin defiantly has the advantage to improve the old stuff. I have heard jokes being made towards JR about that very thing. They cost way to much and they dont care if you cant afford it.

Top Bottom