600 Murphy's Back On The Bench!!!

Tony

Staff member
I think it has been long enough, it's time to get Murphy ready for the spring! With a fantastic donation from @Geena, Murphy is going to get a little facelift!

We are going to have a complete set of videos on this helicopter. For those that don't know, Murphy is an Align 600 Nitro that started out life as an ESP (I think) but is now a full DFC helicopter. This helicopter was built about 4 years ago by the members for Rc-Help just for this reason, to help teach people! And finally that is what we are going to do.

As you can probably see in the picture, Murphy is VERY dusty. He has been hanging on the wall for a very long time which is likely what a used helicopter you are going to purchase is going to look like. Not only are we going to do a complete cleaning on this helicopter, but we are going to completely go through this helicopter and perform some much needed maintenance. From the head to the tail and everywhere in between, there is not going to be a bolt that is not touched on this helicopter. Yes, even the engine is coming apart!

So without further adieu, lets get the videos started! If you have suggestions on what you would like to see (cleaning, maintenance, setup), just let me know. Now is the perfect time to get your requests in. This is a Nitro helicopter so if you have something specific you want to see, post up.

Untitled-1.jpg

Geena

Staff member
Doesn`t look as bad as that poor little mCPx I saw. LOL Can`t wait to see it in the air. :)

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I can assure you, it is just as bad if not worse lmao. That is the reason I'm completely tearing Murphy apart and cleaning EVERYTHING! And, I'm going maintenance videos on it while I'm doing it. Just finished shooting the head rebuild video and man, that thing is as smooth as butter! Loving it!

But, below are some pictures of Murphy up close and personal. It's bad...

Here is the canopy. Looks like it is trying to grow hair! lmao.
IMG_0808.JPG

Here is a sad picture of the tail boom that looks like it has some kind of disease lol.
IMG_0809.JPG

Blade holder. Fuzzy and has some oil on it lmao.
IMG_0810.JPG

Here are the blade grips on the tail. Surprised it still spins....
IMG_0811.JPG

And just for reference, here is the mCP-X... I miss this little guy!
IMG_0812.JPG

Tony

Staff member
And just to show that I'm actually working on it (lmao), here is a picture of the completed head. Man this thing is SWEET!!!!!!

IMG_0813.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Definitely a start. Now I just need to win the lottery so that I can afford to replace some parts and feed this hungry beast. That friggin fuel is expensive as crap...

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wow, lol, that's a dusty helicopter. Does the engine turn over? I had a 90 size sat for years... still ran

Tony

Staff member
Yup, engine is still just like it was the last time I flew it. Just needs a good cleaning.

Smoggie

Nitros do tend to attract dust. They get covered in a film of oil which is like a dust magnet.. and after a while it sets like concrete!

Good luck with the overhaul, cant wait to hear that motor scream!

Tony

Staff member
This one was caused primarily by neglect. Just left hanging on the wall because of the consequences of flying it. Going to try to change that. As for hearing the motor scream... You will hear it run, but I'm not good enough to make it scream lmao.

Top Bottom