1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Hey Guest, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Sailplanes Multiplex Heron

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by PghTom, Apr 7, 2018.

1. PghTom

PghTom New Member

Truck Driver
    Looking to purchase a Multiplex Heron and a Spectrum DX9. I currently have an EasyGlider4 on a DX6. I would like to see a programming video for the DX9 showing all the crow, camber etc settings as it relates to the dual ailerons, dual flaps for the Heron.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

All the "crow"? I'm not exactly sure what that is. As for dual ailerons and flaps, both of those are done in the Wing Type menu when you select Airplane as the type of model. You will just scroll through until you find what you need, then plug the servos into the Rx. You can do dual ailerons on your DX6, but you would only be able to do one flap with it. With the DX9, you could do dual aileron, dual flaps and dual elevator and still have an extra channel available. But dual elevator is mainly for very large planes and those usually require multiple servos per aileron.

3. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Information Technology (Retired)
    I used to fly sailplanes about 25 years ago and had never heard of Crow, so I had to look it up.

Crow braking:
    also called 'Butterfly braking', this rc glider wing function is used when landing. When Crow is activated the flaps drop down and both ailerons deflect upwards, all at the same time. This gives a very effective combination of drag from the flaps and reduced lift from the up ailerons, now acting as spoilers. The result is that a fast-flying glider can be slowed right down and, when landed well, can be brought in with very little forward airspeed.
    It's common for crow braking to be operated by the throttle stick of the TX, although having it on a switch or slider is perfectly acceptable.

4. PghTom

PghTom New Member

Truck Driver
    Thank you for the information. Very helpful