Sailplanes Multiplex Heron

PghTom

Looking to purchase a Multiplex Heron and a Spectrum DX9. I currently have an EasyGlider4 on a DX6. I would like to see a programming video for the DX9 showing all the crow, camber etc settings as it relates to the dual ailerons, dual flaps for the Heron.

Tony

Staff member
All the "crow"? I'm not exactly sure what that is. As for dual ailerons and flaps, both of those are done in the Wing Type menu when you select Airplane as the type of model. You will just scroll through until you find what you need, then plug the servos into the Rx. You can do dual ailerons on your DX6, but you would only be able to do one flap with it. With the DX9, you could do dual aileron, dual flaps and dual elevator and still have an extra channel available. But dual elevator is mainly for very large planes and those usually require multiple servos per aileron.

Admiral

I used to fly sailplanes about 25 years ago and had never heard of Crow, so I had to look it up.

Crow braking:
also called 'Butterfly braking', this rc glider wing function is used when landing. When Crow is activated the flaps drop down and both ailerons deflect upwards, all at the same time. This gives a very effective combination of drag from the flaps and reduced lift from the up ailerons, now acting as spoilers. The result is that a fast-flying glider can be slowed right down and, when landed well, can be brought in with very little forward airspeed.
It's common for crow braking to be operated by the throttle stick of the TX, although having it on a switch or slider is perfectly acceptable.

Top Bottom