Kits Multiplex Acromaster Build

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Hey Matt, i actually bought an AcroMaster yesturday from Headsuprc.com. I was reading on RCGroups.com that the stock motor mount has serious vibrations. To combat this, i build this motor mount for mine: motor mount.jpg Scroll to the bottom of the page for the PDF plans New: Multiplex Acro Master - Page 134 - RC Groups Hope that helps!

This is the power system I'm using:

FirePower 15 motor
Exceed RC 60A ESC with 3A external BEC
Hitec HS-82MG for tail and Emax metal gear SX for ailerons
Gens Ace 3s 2500mah 25c battery
AR600 RX

motor mount.jpg

Last edited:

callsign4223

Staff member
YAY, I finally got to maiden the acromaster. Unfortunately, I didn't get any video. That's because I forgot to give my friend my phone, and I wasn't flying long enough to remember. After 30 seconds I managed to CRASH!!!!! The only damage was a broken prop luckily. Quick question, where do you get your props from, and what are some good brands???? Thanks guys.

P.S. Once I do some touchups on the paint I will post pictures of the completed plane, the masking tape pulled some paint off with it.

Tony

Staff member
I order all of my props from TowerHobbies. They have the best ones that I can find. Don't waste your time with the hobbypartz props, they are crap and very thin. All of my props are APC as well.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
@RCD Wow, nice job on the motor mount - it looks factory produced! I have just recently begun to work with bulsa... Judging by the looks of your mount I have a long way to go.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
@RCD Wow, nice job on the motor mount - it looks factory produced! I have just recently begun to work with bulsa... Judging by the looks of your mount I have a long way to go.

That motor mount actually isnt mine. I built one just like it from the PDF plans. I just stole that picture from someone from RCGroups! lol

- - - Updated - - -

YAY, I finally got to maiden the acromaster. Unfortunately, I didn't get any video. That's because I forgot to give my friend my phone, and I wasn't flying long enough to remember. After 30 seconds I managed to CRASH!!!!! The only damage was a broken prop luckily. Quick question, where do you get your props from, and what are some good brands???? Thanks guys.

P.S. Once I do some touchups on the paint I will post pictures of the completed plane, the masking tape pulled some paint off with it.

Sorry to hear it crashed. :( What caused it?

callsign4223

Staff member
A combination of wind and inexperience. The wind wasn't really that bad, but I was in a banked turn and came crosswise into the wind during the turn. The wind shoved the downside wing further around and it basically did a corkscrew spin towards the ground. The two problems were, I was not experienced enough to compensate for the wind fast enough, and I wasn't high enough. I actually managed to recover and landed on all 3 wheels, unfortunately, I was still going straight down when I did. If I would have been a little higher, I think it would have started going forward and pulled out of it. Luckily, I only managed to break the prop in half and bend the landing gear wire a little. I ordered 3 new props from Tower Hobbies, and they should ship today. I was just surprised that the prop was all that broke, it was coming down pretty fast when it hit. That foam is a lot tougher than I thought it would be.

Tony

Staff member
EPO is great for learning on. As you have seen, you can hit and won't sustain any damage. Good luck on the next flight.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ya, maybe next time I can get you or someone else to meet me at the field, I didn't really like where we were flying, the guy I was with said he flies there all the time, but the field was kinda small and it was next to some little league fields. He had a nitro trainer he took up after me, and just as he was landing some guys came over from the little league fields and pretty much made it clear that we were no longer welcome.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, if people are flying over other people it makes them mad, and is unsafe. When you are flying near a park where people are, the plane should be under 2 lbs and I think 30mph. Any nitro plane is not allowed. You can find a lot of information on this on the AMA site under the part pilot program. Just let me know when you want to go out to the field and we will put it in the air. I start full time work on the 14th but should be able to do something before then. Maybe lol.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hey Tony, I know it's short notice, but some stuff cleared up this evening and the props just showed up. Would you be around this evening to hit the field?

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if I can make it this evening. We have a huge mess from last nights party here at the house. I also have a lot of work here on the site with the server change and I need to edit some video and get some things on ebay. If it clears up for me, I'm game. I just can't promise anything at this time.

callsign4223

Staff member
No problem, like I said, it was short notice. If it does clear up let me know, if not, I just want you to know you are sentencing me to a night of yard work and housecleaning.

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, welcome to my world today lmao. I would much rather be out flying than cleaning, staring at this computer screen and swapping files lmao. I will see what I can do.

callsign4223

Staff member
The bad part is, the party wasn't even at MY house. I spent so much time at everyone else's house that mine got neglected.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, you should have come out here. We had a blast with over $400 worth of fire works. Even had my brother in law load an artillery shell upside down and it blew up in the tube lmao. Man that was a great 4th. I'm feeling it today though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm charging batteries. I'm just going to bring my small edge and my Tx. What time were you thinking?

callsign4223

Staff member
Ok, for those who didn't already know,(everyone but Tony), the crash did more than break the prop, it bent the motor shaft. I have the new shaft here and have dismantled the motor. One BIG problem. HiMax put the set screws in with loctite, and it oozed out of the set screw hole and cemented the shaft to the can. Any ideas on how to get it to release without bending the can or damaging the magnets? I have got a pair of vise grips on the shaft and tried twisting it apart, but all that accomplished was to tear up my hand on the vents of the can.

Tony

Staff member
If it's in there that strong, either use a hammer and punch and drive it out, or get another motor.

Top Bottom