Micro MSR X bnf chicken dance counter clockwise What the Fudge??

Morelight

Fearless Freep
So I bought an Msr x last week, since with wind and crashes up here, these seemed a good bet for practicing indoors. Everybody on U Tube seemed happy with the MSR, and it seemed quite tame.

Not so much with the Msr x. Nothing tame about it. I bound it to my DX 6i with a heli model 90° swash and that went well. Swash was nice and level, cyclic moved responsively in the right directions. Although there are only 2 servo's, which I now think will be trouble with inherent cyclic mixing.

I put on a set of bulletproof skids, a Nano 300 mAh battery, and though the new motor in these has plenty of power to pick up this xtra weight, there is no way this heli will hover. It just goes into a slide left on hard surfaces, ( slide, not tipping left), and with more collective tips forward and then flops over and break dances ccw. 2 hours of trying and not one hover.

I also bought the RTF version for a friend who caught the heli bug from me, and we repaired for him my old Lama V4 pos, which is flying finally for the first time since it was purchased 6 months ago, and now this Msr x. He said he tried to fly it, and it just went left, and since he has only flown in sims, has put it away for now.

Thats two Blade products that have not worked worth a donkey dump out of the box.

Anyone buy one of these things and have it fly for them?

Edit: CoG was straight down on the tests.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
There has to be something wrong with the setups then. The mSRx is one of the most stable helicopters on the planet.

Top Bottom