MSH Protos in the air

murankar

Staff member
Well its been a while since I posted a video. Here is just over 5 minutes of flight with a super shaky tail that would not tame down. I think it was the gyro tape not being thick enough to absorb the vibrations. This is the second battery ever in this bird and my second battery in about 2 months boy does it show. The wind was a tad gusty so had collective issues and the grass was well not really great for flying. My skids got hung up a couple of times but the power of the heli got it unstuck.

I think I did a bad thing at the end. I did an auto and added to much negative pitch and could not slow the heli down before impact with the thick grass. After inspection it appeared to have not gotten hurt. Anyhow I hope you can get a good idea of how this kit is so far.

MS Heli Protos Mini second flight - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
It's nice to hear such a quiet heli in the air. Love the sound of those blades. And see what Gaba is making people do? lmao. Sounds like your camera person got a little bored during that video lmao.

murankar

Staff member
Yes the wife was not to excited to do it. She did it because she knew how bad I wanted to film it for you guys. I am in the middle of putting most of the footage together in one video.

Those are some good blades. You seen them in my Christmas tree pic. Made by horizon hobbies.

BOKI

murankar; Looks like it was very windy but you seem to fly it pretty good! Nice video!

Lee

That must been running on stealth mode :D I couldn't even here the helicopter.

stokke

I believe a bird will rarely fly perfect on the first couple of flights, always some adjustments that needs to be made. So I think she flew just fine, responds as expected and such. Looking good Matthias :D and thanks for the vid :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That flew amazing man!! And you texted me it was a faaaiiill!!!! Lol what!!??
And you still got it !!!

Now I know when you meant quiet lol this is really quiet! Seriously!!

Tony!! Grrr not my fault he did that landing herheeee :p :D

Ok, if you have two layers then it might Be enough.. Look for other things too.. If gain is that low.. You might be looking at a mechanical thing. Any sort of binding and or slop. Slop as in if your tail push rod from servo to the tail slider is not carbon then it needs to be well supported so it doesn't bend in stress that will cause a wag.. Or the bearings on the tail or the brass collets the tail pitch slider slides with (at least with my 450 pro design I know) got some loctite or something and are not milky smooth. With the servo disconnected you should be able to move the tail pitch slider and blades with no notchiness... :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
The Landing was my fault, I thought I could handle it. Besides how else do you learn, I know SIM. Like I said nothing was broke amazingly. The quality and very much on par and as for the belt drive system is really brings the noise level down a ton. I had it in the side yard when I was checking for wag in the tail and neighbors kid came up and ask to see the TX and at that moment I was deep in some stuff. It toppled over while I was lowering the throttle, the only damage is the vertical fin which is still in one piece. After doing some test spool ups in the driveway I did not see anymore wag. As far a mechanical everything is smooth like a babies bottom. This is my first carbon push rod so I do not know what to say about it, I think it is fine I have the gyro travel limits set and there was no binding. I really think it was the gyro tape, I will know for sure later today. I hope to get a test of ID 1 and maybe ID 2 today just to see what this is like.

I flew the first back for about 7 minutes just based on the video footage times and hit LVC. My second battery I stopped at 5 minutes and did nto hit the LVC point. Once I put the batteries on charge I will see what I am replacing in mah.

Oh yeah, I believe the first five pack will be trial and error on a kit. It takes a lot of work to get everything just right. Setup is crucial even with fly bared heads, ensuring everything is just right. I check everything numerous times before getting in the air.

Thank you everyone. I am going to piece together some clips from the first battery and maybe have about 5 minutes of video. The wife was also filming the kids and the dog.
I am going to try and get the video blog made when I get home from church.

Top Bottom